• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Pokémon Company Announces New Pokémon Legends Z-A Game for Switch in 2025

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:04 am Reply with quote
So... do you pronounce it "ZA" like AZ (the character from X/Y) backwards? Or do you say "Z *pause* A" or "Z to A".
James02

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:43 am Reply with quote
Hal14 wrote:
So... do you pronounce it "ZA" like AZ (the character from X/Y) backwards? Or do you say "Z *pause* A" or "Z to A".

I'm thinking Z A. The hyphen does make me wonder as well though.
Sirsumsrince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:49 am Reply with quote
The trailer juxtaposing past looking sketches with futuristic Tron graphics makes me think we're getting a huge city sized Lumiose map with a past and future time travel gimmick.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I suppose I'm satisfied that this is the closest we'll get to a Pokémon AZ.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:29 am Reply with quote
I hope we get new Megas. And that the inevitable search for Zygarde Cells isn't too awful.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:53 am Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping for Gen 6 instead of Gen 5 for the next Pokemon Legends, now i'm wondering if it's intended for the current switch or the supposedly next year one as we still don't really know what titles there will be at launch.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
I was kind of hoping for Gen 6 instead of Gen 5 for the next Pokemon Legends, now i'm wondering if it's intended for the current switch or the supposedly next year one as we still don't really know what titles there will be at launch.
Kalos is Gen VI.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I admit, this came as a HUGE surprise to me because everything seemed to have hinted at either Gen 5 or Gen 2 remakes. I mean, even the Presents leaned heavy into Johto with the Unown and the Lance and Silver battle preview for Masters EX. So to see that we're actually going back to Kalos for a new Legends game came as a shock, but a welcomed one nevertheless! I love Kalos, and always thought it needed more to it. I know there was all of those rumors and mentions of a Pokemon Z that never came to be, and it appears that we are finally getting something like that after all of these years. I look forward to seeing what may happen in this game, and I am glad that they aren't trying to rush and get this out in November. The more time they have to develop this game, the better.

I just hope I can actually defeat it. To this day, I actually never finished Legends Arceus because I struggled too much with the Arceus battle. Maybe before this game comes out, I'll replay through it and hope that I can beat it.
King Chicken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Legends was the last Pokemon game I actually liked so I'm happy to hear we're getting more Legends games. I just hope it's still in the same style and not an entirely new direction and Legends in just name only. Saying it only takes place in the city makes me wonder if it'll still be open world Pokemon catching or some other kind of game. Maybe it'll be more like Digimon Story Cybersleuth which took place in cities? I wouldn't be opposed to that either.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:31 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Kalos is Gen VI.

Yes i know it was my point actually.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I am SO RELIEVED that we have a year off from the core series!!! I really need to catch up! I haven’t had time to finish Scarlet and Violet’s story in each game, let alone the DLC as well! I also haven’t finished the DLC for Sword or Shield, either! We don’t need a new game each year, we really don’t. I’m too busy to play how extensive these games are anymore and it’s often made me feel that I’m just simply outgrowing the series finally (I’m 31). Confused We haven’t had a year off since the year after ΩRAS, in 2015, so this allows me to feel like I can take a deep breath.

The trailer for this leaves me feeling so excited and wondering for it!! I don’t have to say how good the previous game was, but I am particularly fond of Kalos, so this is gonna be so good I feel like Anime cry Shocked

Last edited by Tenbyakugon on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
oilers2007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Let's be real they were never going to top Black and White 2, especially if they got those guys who did the Gen 4 remakes back. It's for the best they skipped the peak of Pokemon and went to Gen 6.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:59 pm Reply with quote
oilers2007 wrote:
Let's be real they were never going to top Black and White 2, especially if they got those guys who did the Gen 4 remakes back. It's for the best they skipped the peak of Pokemon and went to Gen 6.

I mean, a Unovan history Legends game is begging to be made too. I think that’s more likely to be incoming than Gen V remakes!!
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I just hope I can actually defeat it. To this day, I actually never finished Legends Arceus because I struggled too much with the Arceus battle. Maybe before this game comes out, I'll replay through it and hope that I can beat it.
Did you buy all of the prevent fainting charms? It still took me a while after I did that, but it did help.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Two words come to mind when I found out about Legends: Z-A: Eternal Floette.

If it ever finally becomes obtainable after a very long while, I bet the players are gonna be like AZ in that one scene from X and Y.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2