• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Reveals New Ninja Kamui Anime Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:29 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
>watches trailer
>reads description

And yet I can't get more Ninja Slayer.

Adult Swim has Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They don't need Ninja Slayer.

I dunno, Adult Swim anime originals have been way more misses than hits. It's going to need to come out swinging to get viewers.
Alessa_SH1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Rob19ny wrote:
>watches trailer
>reads description

And yet I can't get more Ninja Slayer.

I was thinking about similarly, if not massive rip off of it but it looks to be between the lines of jigokuraku (hell's paradise) or sasuke or ninpuu kamui gaiden (the legend of kamui) or Dororo to hyakkumaru but in a modern setting (ugh), for Americans Laughing so I guess it's not gonna be thrilling like the ones I mentioned, just simply plain... boring. I have the others in my plan to watch list because they're historical. I guess action fans could get smth out of this? idk

seriously, we are so close from the airing date Feb 11th, and we have no news about if it's a TV show or movie, no theme songs neither...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Alessa_SH1 wrote:
seriously, we are so close from the airing date Feb 11th, and we have no news about if it's a TV show or movie, no theme songs neither...

It's a TV show with 12 episodes.

The biggest red flag should be that there's no news on a release in Japan. That usually means no one over there felt this was worth bothering with. Other Adult Swim co-pros with that distinction include Blade Runner, Housing Complex C and the two most recent FLCL seasons.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:38 pm Reply with quote
It certainly looks like something for edgy action fans but ultimately falls into "flashy but forgettable" territory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2