• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - What is the Anime Localization Controversy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:54 pm Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
They don't want translators fired they want localizers to do their jobs better. Translation and localization are two different jobs. It is the localizers people have issues with.
There's a whole thread on ANN of people demanding AI replace all the translators' jobs which is literally the whole impetus for this TWIA article. Rolling Eyes animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-12-21/the-ancient-magus-bride-manga-return-gets-simultaneous-english-release-using-ai-translation/.205774 Trying to gaslight us now that nobody called for AI to replace translators is not making you more convincing.
CColt#961673

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Here is the thing, You guys are defending translation which is outright done horribly or done with the intent to send a message.

However, here is the thing if you compare the number of this bad translation with the entirety of translated works, this bad translation are so few, as is FEW in numbers.

You guys are to focus on trying to convince people that the bad translation are actually good translation, instead of just criticizing that the bad translation is actually a bad translation and that there are numerous good works out there that out numbered the bad one by a huge margin.

Though translating is not a job of mine, however i read chinese webnovel, manhua, korean webnovel, manhwa, japanese light novel and manga using machine translation for years now and image translation as a hobby to know a bad translation when i see one.

PS: even without this controversy, their replacement is imminent, why you may ask? it's cheaper and getting better, English is not my 1st language i don't know chinese,japanese or korean but with simple translation app i can read 4/10 quality of translation and with something like chat gpt around 7/10, it'll probably keep improving. also AI is already being used quite well in china on some niche things.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:38 pm Reply with quote
CColt#961673 wrote:

PS: even without this controversy, their replacement is imminent, why you may ask? it's cheaper and getting better, English is not my 1st language i don't know chinese,japanese or korean but with simple translation app i can read 4/10 quality of translation and with something like chat gpt around 7/10, it'll probably keep improving. also AI is already being used quite well in china on some niche things.
Y'all said this about NFTs too.
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:58 am Reply with quote
I've seen Fire Emblem come up as an example quite a few times in this thread.

I think one thing a lot of people are overlooking is the context in which something like this is coming up: it's a property under Nintendo.

Nintendo is quite possibly the most corporate of corporate entities out there and has a lot of control over how they want the brand represented in each region. Without doing any research, I have to assume that they give people in the roles of bringing the thing to another language extensive guidelines on how everything should be done and accuracy is probably very low on the list. It might exist in the pipeline at some point in production, but it is probably not the endgame.

These dudes are walking on water because I cannot think of many large AAA entities in the videogame space that probably have a very large margin relative to investment. If profit motive was the goal, it's hard to argue that Nintendo is not hitting it this far into the Switch's life. I'm not necessarily saying I like this, but I am saying that they are not incentivized to cave in to two people barking at each other online.

Even if you go on your crusade and pull everyone out of the matrix by being noisy on social media, there's a good chance a lot of people like these style of localizations for Nintendo products. You have more bargaining power if something is niche, but Nintendo is obviously not niche.

Let's say AI gets super godlike or whatever and Nintendo has the opportunity to churn out an accurate day one release of Xenoblade 5 or whatever. I would not be surprised if they still wouldn't prioritize accuracy since, contrary to what many people like to think, they read their markets pretty well, at least in this current cycle where they are winning. They would probably still opt for a liberal localization since that's probably what their market wants.

Employment in this situation may or may not be unlike working with a gun to your head, but I wouldn't say no in that situation since I'm assuming it looks very good on the resume to be working with Nintendo in this type of capacity.

This type of thing, I'm assuming, is not common in bringing Japanese products to the English-only plebs such as myself. Nintendo may represent a very large dollar figure in the arena, but they are certainly not representative of the industry as a whole, which I hinted earlier extends far beyond English translation/localization/whatever of Japanese-related works, but people seem to insist on having a very narrow viewpoint of the subject.

I know this is an anime website and that the average weeab is incapable of seeing anything beyond the current season's offerings, but please try.

There's this idea persistently hovering around that these pockets of localization are a constant in the industry as a whole. Again, please quantify it to me in a way that takes the rest of the industry that extends beyond anime and videogames into consideration because it honestly seems like everyone is generally doing an OK job.

But I don't know for sure, so I'm leaving the door open. Maybe everyone is in fact doing bad, but I want to at least include a larger part of the industry in the analysis as opposed to just stuff aimed at otaku.

I watched Hirokazu Kore-Eda's Korean collaboration movie "Broker" recently. I assume I walked away with a nuanced enough understanding of the film when it was done, but it's entirely possible that I still don't have the full picture. Obviously, if I'm not getting everything, I want to at least know what part of the picture I was missing. I wouldn't necessarily demand a redo of the subtitles and demand the rights holder republish the movie with this new track through their several distribution sources since people obviously don't care enough about a leading Japanese filmmaker's work, but a changelog is usually adequate and all I'd really want if there already was an existing subtitle track.

I don't need to throw money or people around just to have it baked into the product I just bought.

Anyway, not everyone in an industry is going to be competent, but people are talking as if we need to begin regulating the thing with some kind of oversight board. This makes no financial sense since we're barely paying these people to begin with and are about to replace large swaths of them with AI.

Also, the ideas people are putting forth would even demolish jobs on the other side of the ocean translating English works into Japanese, like was conveniently ignored when brought up in this thread.

I don't think I need to spell it out for everyone, but if you can replace translators/localizers/whatever, you yourself are in a position where you are now expendable as well. All you seem to be doing is wanting to ensure that people you don't like for whatever reason, that may or may not be based on legitimate grounds, catch fire first.

I've never seen so many people unknowingly confirm their own inevitable redundancy as a work force. Hopefully these people being loud about the thing have gathered enough resources to give themselves options in the upcoming maelstrom of AI integration. I know I have and I am clever enough to find money elsewhere since this has been a constant in my life, but has everyone else?

Like, you can have your creative disagreements or whatever, but I would push more towards the idea of encouraging people to do better as opposed to... "you are my political opponent and even if I destroy everything, it's important that I win and stand over your bloody corpse."

Because you're not actually winning and may be facing down the same gun barrel that your enemies are.

(but then maybe AI is going nowhere and I'm being paranoid, I don't know... what I do know is that I'm not gonna sit here and be left behind professionally, so I'm obviously at least looking at it because, if I was to be frank, I enjoy spending money like a degenerate and would prefer this not change until I retire, so I want to play top tier if it's a choice that suddenly becomes available as I ain't no low tier hero in real life)

While some people hold reasonable views on this subject, my experience with dipping my toes into the cancer is that many people do not.

At this point, I would suggest to those people to just learn Japanese, not because it's impossible for something to be localized or translated badly (it certainly is and reasonable critiques can be held), but mainly because of the amount of time these people have spent on this topic, seemingly without original thoughts since I'm pretty sure I've seen these same arguments repeated over and over again in various arguments online, could do something that's actually useful as opposed to being in the vortex of online screeching and hoping someone that shares the same thoughts as you hollers back.

You've come this far, you might as well pick up a book.

I played a bunch of not Pokemon with guns this weekend with friends and drew Gushing over Magical Girls fanart that I wrapped up during work hours since today is slow, but I get paid the same: very well. Everyone else is already in a better position than me to learn since I'm too lazy for all that currently and would rather just dick around or write long convoluted posts no one will read.

As for me, all I want for Christmas is a decent subtitle track for "A Better Tomorrow", which I have seemingly found online thanks to help from a friend. So now I don't even need AI since I have the text files and my friend that speaks the language says the subs are OK.

I'm more for solution-oriented mindsets as opposed to just wallowing in destruction and I finally kind of understand what the hell the Chow Yun-fat AI beaver is saying.
OmniZeroAlpha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It sucks! I'm just venting here, too. But one day, it would be nice if adults could have a nuanced online discussion about localization without fearing that the worst posters on the planet will hijack it.

Here's the thing about being "adults". If you make a product for public consumption and you receive legitimate criticism regarding your product you can do two things: 1) be an adult, take the criticism to heart and make a better product OR 2) act like a child, ignore the feedback, and stupidly insist you didn't make a crappy product. Who makes the final call on whether a product is good or bad? The consumer.

In much the same way, North American game and anime localizers are selling a product to Anime fans and gamers. For years now, these localization companies have often employed rouge translators/localizers who have done things like add English memes with no context, add unnecessary slang, insert political language, censor the source material, skip translations, or straight up mistranslate the source material. When fans/paying customers complain about the issues, the localizers ignore the criticism, double down on their localization as being "correct" and drum up the criticism as a "culture war".

Now that AI translations may endanger translator and localizer jobs, pissed off anime fans and gamers are celebrating the job losses instead of standing by translators/localizers.
psh_fun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:29 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:

I think one thing a lot of people are overlooking is the context in which something like this is coming up: it's a property under Nintendo.

Nintendo is quite possibly the most corporate of corporate entities out there and has a lot of control over how they want the brand represented in each region. Without doing any research, I have to assume that they give people in the roles of bringing the thing to another language extensive guidelines on how everything should be done and accuracy is probably very low on the list. It might exist in the pipeline at some point in production, but it is probably not the endgame.

These dudes are walking on water because I cannot think of many large AAA entities in the videogame space that probably have a very large margin relative to investment. If profit motive was the goal, it's hard to argue that Nintendo is not hitting it this far into the Switch's life. I'm not necessarily saying I like this, but I am saying that they are not incentivized to cave in to two people barking at each other online.

Even if you go on your crusade and pull everyone out of the matrix by being noisy on social media, there's a good chance a lot of people like these style of localizations for Nintendo products. You have more bargaining power if something is niche, but Nintendo is obviously not niche.

I don't think that's particularly accurate since there's other Nintendo properties that have much better translations and no censorship. From what I've read Fire Emblem's localization is handled by 8-4 who are fairly infamous for their censorship policies. They were also the company in charge of localizing Xenoblade X which also had a lot of censorship. Xenoblade 2 was not handled by 8-4 so while some of the dialog was still altered there were no visual edits like X had when it came out revealing outfits and costumes.

You'd also think if it was that big a concern for Nintendo they would do what some other companies have done and self-censored their content to begin with so the Japanese and English versions match up and fit a global standard from the start. The fact the creators of series like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade still put this kind of content in the series seems like they're fully supportive of it being there regardless if their western branch or another company choose to censor it in the west.
Megumi Chisato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 am Reply with quote
Hm... when it comes to these kinds of issues, there is so much bad faith being thrown around on both sides. Are there people who don't understand translation, think that literal is the best, and just hate all translators/localizers equally? Yes. Are there people who deliberately insert their politics or agenda into their translations or do a bad job at localizing anime? Yes.

However, ignoring or defending the latter by making all fans out to be the former is just really deceptive and dishonest in my opinion. Sometimes, the criticism is legitimate, and turning a blind eye to it doesn't help anyone. After reading through the article, none of the controversy with Jamie Marchie was even touched on, and that was a significant reason why this issue blew up as big as it did.
mgree0032

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:43 am Reply with quote
The localizers of the 90s (4Kids especially) did their best in making them appeal to Western tastes through selective censorship rescripting
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:06 am Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
A prime example is to just look at the Fire emblem series. Even outside the very questionable censorship changes sometimes they just out right remove dialogue and leave "..."

Sometimes? As far as I’ve known they’ve only done this once.

switchgear1131 wrote:
in its place or entirely change the personality of characters like Effie by putting more emphasis on character traits that were minor ones at best before.

Are we going to to take issue with the fact they also change character names in the localization as well?

psh_fun wrote:
I don't think that's particularly accurate since there's other Nintendo properties that have much better translations and no censorship.

Didn’t the Pokemon remakes of Gold & Silver take the slot machines out of the Game Corner in the American & European versions of the game on top of outright removing or altering the Game Corners in other remakes whose original games had them?

Along with both the later Japanese rereleases of Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings editing out cigarettes and blood on enemy character portraits?

Hell even the Mario games have had some rare bits of censorship.

OmniZeroAlpha wrote:
Here's the thing about being "adults". If you make a product for public consumption and you receive legitimate criticism regarding your product you can do two things: 1) be an adult, take the criticism to heart and make a better product OR 2) act like a child, ignore the feedback, and stupidly insist you didn't make a crappy product. Who makes the final call on whether a product is good or bad? The consumer.

The same consumers who’ll label a good or acceptable product bad for doing things such as calling out legitimately toxic behavior, featuring characters minor or major who’re POC, gay, or trans. While labeling bad products good in spite of it doing such things as lionizing objectively awful people, using outdated or outright offensive stereotypes or whitewashing historical elements. And let’s not even mention the gatekeeping that these consumers will engage in.

OmniZeroAlpha wrote:
For years now, these localization companies have often employed rouge translators/localizers who have done things like add English memes with no context, add unnecessary slang, insert political language, censor the source material, skip translations, or straight up mistranslate the source material. When fans/paying customers

Many of these people don’t pay for this stuff though they pirate it. Which not counting those who do so because they legally can watch or read the works in question in their home country. They do so either because they don’t like official dubs/subs even those that are accurately translated as possible or simply because even if the work is legally available in their country and they have the means to pay for this stuff they won’t.

And funnily enough as mentioned these same people will swear by the quality of fan translated stuff even when the translations are not always accurate or do weird stuff like not translate something that can and maybe should be translated like attack names.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:26 am; edited 9 times in total
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 am Reply with quote
psh_fun wrote:

I don't think that's particularly accurate since there's other Nintendo properties that have much better translations and no censorship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHMy4GVYoM

I'm just mashing buttons and clicking the first thing I find, but here's some communication from Monolith Soft taken from a written article and it seems like there's some semblance of a unified front on changes between localizations at Nintendo.

It's several years old at this point, but it's good to look at anyway and I would not be surprised if this is largely how localization within the company that covers several regions still takes place at Nintendo.

Obviously, the positivity might be corporate speak and maybe Takahashi doesn't in fact like people touching the boob sliders, but the changes have a deliberate direction once other regions come into play.

There's no "self censorship" in Japan because the product they came out with fits the cultural standards of that region, at least as far as Nintendo is concerned. Other large publishers probably have different stances on this and will touch the original product pre-emptively. I don't know, whatever.

Once it hits other regions, corporate is likely theorizing a way to maximize revenue and revisions are part of that process and NOJ is nodding their heads in agreement and signing off on everything since they are also a fan of money and avoiding controversy.

Now, is this desirable? I'll let people decide.

I am vaguely aware of the Xenoblade changes, but if Elira from Nijisanji EN, who I believe speaks Japanese, likes Welsh cat girls, then I guess I like Welsh cat girls as well.

(and you're probably getting dubtitles)

But what I'm mainly getting at is that Nintendo, who I am to understand is actually heavily involved with all their localizations, may not be representative of what the localization/translation industry is actually like. People's Fire Emblem examples, that I assume Nintendo signed off on, may not actually be relevant when taking into consideration the rest of the industry, that is seemingly under fire for what a small amount of people are supposedly doing.

(or maybe it is a large amount of people, but I'm not sure since all the non-anime works I watch seemed largely fine outside my recent traumatizing experience with that John Woo movie I keep trying to see, but I have no way to gauge since my understanding of those languages is even worse than my comprehension of Japanese)

People can talk about Fire Emblem all they want, but I do not find it likely that Nintendo will change the direction they take with how it's exported to other regions based on how they run their business. Now, it sucks because you can't have the product you want and are stuck doing a bunch of convoluted nonsense to get it the way you want it, but that's what it is.

Also, we are assuming that NOJ is actually asleep at the wheel and other regions are clever enough to trick them into taking the changes, no matter how liberal (like Fire Emblem). But do you honestly think this company is ever asleep at the wheel? I feel like you can't do anything with an IP of theirs without walking 3 steps and suddenly finding yourselves in their crosshairs.

Sure they'll let modded Mario Wonder rock for the streamers or whatever, but do you REALLY think they don't know? Like really really?

Using Fire Emblem to gauge the entirety of the translation/localization industry doesn't make sense, at least to me, since it has a wildly different business background than, say, something I would watch on the Criterion Channel or even Netflix (or some smaller company that brings Japanese games to a niche audience), where there seems to be an attempt at making an accurate experience.

(or maybe there is in fact a large conspiracy involving nefarious individuals who want to hide the artworks from people, I don't know, sure. The extent of my knowledge of the recent Fire Emblem was doing degenerate stuff on a fresh file Maddening playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXfsHJF8uI )

With most other companies, you actually may have a chance to be heard and negotiate with them if there is an issue (and there might be, I don't know), but an approach different than showing up to someone's workplace and yelling at the top of your lungs about how we need to fire everyone may be more effective.

If I did this to someone at anyone's job here, their supervisor would look at me as if I was a stupid person, and for good reason. I'm not sure why the standards change just because I post anonymously online with an anime avatar I'm too lazy to update.

TL;DR: Nintendo is probably signing off on the Fire Emblem changes and they're not being tricked into them since you can barely get anything past these people and Nintendo's style of localization is probably not representative of the industry, that extends beyond anime and games and perhaps even the United States, as a whole.

As for why FE gets a different treatment relative to everything else? Ask Nintendo. They're the money bags. If I was to speculate, this series was like dead up until Awakening. Awakening saved the series. They continued on in that style since they concluded that it was the only way to get copies of the game out the door in the US.
PaperSplash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 am Reply with quote
psh_fun wrote:
DKL wrote:

I don't think that's particularly accurate since there's other Nintendo properties that have much better translations and no censorship. From what I've read Fire Emblem's localization is handled by 8-4 who are fairly infamous for their censorship policies. They were also the company in charge of localizing Xenoblade X which also had a lot of censorship. Xenoblade 2 was not handled by 8-4 so while some of the dialog was still altered there were no visual edits like X had when it came out revealing outfits and costumes.

You'd also think if it was that big a concern for Nintendo they would do what some other companies have done and self-censored their content to begin with so the Japanese and English versions match up and fit a global standard from the start. The fact the creators of series like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade still put this kind of content in the series seems like they're fully supportive of it being there regardless if their western branch or another company choose to censor it in the west.

Xenoblade X had plenty of revealing outfits and costume too and pretty much all the ones that got censored were just when worn by the 13-year-old girl (yeah, I know, she's not real; I'm not interested in getting into that debate, but there was a clear reason behind it). Both X and 2 had stuff like name/terminology changes and watered down or excised most of the religious themes.

The reason 2 had no visual edits was because starting with that game the content was "self-censored" to begin with. Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree with DKL that Nintendo is gonna Nintendo and largely doesn't represent the industry as a whole, for better or worse.

Megumi Chisato wrote:
Hm... when it comes to these kinds of issues, there is so much bad faith being thrown around on both sides. Are there people who don't understand translation, think that literal is the best, and just hate all translators/localizers equally? Yes. Are there people who deliberately insert their politics or agenda into their translations or do a bad job at localizing anime? Yes.

However, ignoring or defending the latter by making all fans out to be the former is just really deceptive and dishonest in my opinion. Sometimes, the criticism is legitimate, and turning a blind eye to it doesn't help anyone. After reading through the article, none of the controversy with Jamie Marchie was even touched on, and that was a significant reason why this issue blew up as big as it did.

I agree with most of this but the fact remains that a lot of the criticism of Jamie Marchi is missing an important piece of the puzzle: she's not a translator, and the threat of AI doesn't directly affect her job in particular (well, as a voice actress she does have to deal with an AI threat, just a different one). And I get the feeling that for her in particular it's less "deliberately inserting [her] politics or agenda" and more "subconsciously channeling the way she talks in her sociopolitical bubble". I'm not denying that it still isn't good practice, but despite how defensive she is, I think at its core it's more of a problem of negligence (on her supervisors' part as well) than actual malice.

Also, there is undeniably a "culture war" aspect involved in the loudest voices of this debate, and pretending it doesn't exist is just as willfully ignorant as minimizing all the criticism to that.

Last edited by PaperSplash on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Dohzart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:07 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
TL;DR: Nintendo is probably signing off on the Fire Emblem changes and they're not being tricked into them since you can barely get anything past these people and Nintendo's style of localization is probably not representative of the industry, that extends beyond anime and games and perhaps even the United States, as a whole.[/b]

People can and should still complain about that.

I never understood why "Japan signs off on these changes" is treated like some kind of gotcha in these discussions. Why would Japan care what other countries do? They've always (rightfully) prioritized their own market above overseas ones. Like how Hollywood doesn't care how China or other countries alter or change their media, it's just an extra paycheck at the end of the day and this media is made for a specific market. If people in other markets really care about art and artists, they'll find ways to see the original. It sucks for us as a consumer, but it is what it is. We've long since known Japan has had a low opinion of America since the days people were getting Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and other games that were scaled back in difficulty for American audiences.

It's also why all the hand-wringing over piracy falls on deaf ears to me and comes off like Schrodinger's Piracy: piracy is both killing the industry and causing billions of dollars in lost sales but also the people who pirate are a small minority and don't matter at all so they're not worth listening to. Maybe we can all just agree to sleep in separate rooms and only have to see each other in the morning getting ready for work.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Mike Dohzart wrote:
Like how Hollywood doesn't care how China or other countries alter or change their media

Hollywood wouldn’t need to worry about their films being altered in other markets especially as half time stuff is deliberately changed in pre/during/post production usually to not offend markets like China

Mike Dohzart wrote:
It sucks for us as a consumer, but it is what it is. We've long since known Japan has had a low opinion of America since the days people were getting Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and other games that were scaled back in difficulty for American audiences.

Except for the many that intentionally had their difficulties upped or switched to be harder because American & European children of the 1980’s and 90’s needed to be reduced to tears and swearing at impossibly difficult games.
funkfoot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Except for the many that intentionally had their difficulties upped or switched to be harder because American & European children of the 1980’s and 90’s needed to be reduced to tears and swearing at impossibly difficult games.

It really depended on the game, the company, and the era. That was more common in the NES days mainly due to anti-rental industry practices. Companies hated the rental industry and the fact people could rent a game for a week and beat it so they had to ramp up the difficulty to encourage people to buy it rather than just rent and beat it in one sitting. I think that practice largely died off by the 16-bit era.

But not all games were like that. Mario 3 for example is easier in the US compared to the Japanese version mainly because you get an extra hit when it comes to taking damage in the power up forms. And of course there's the Mario 2 example of Americans getting Doki Doki Panic instead. Mega Man 2 adding an easy mode in the US version as well.

In my personal opinion, I would say only the mediocre game did that kind difficulty spiking in the west to coerce people into buying them. Nobody needs to be coerced into buying Mario or Mega Man so they could stand to make them even easier and not worry about sales. That being said, I do kind of like Bayou Billy..

Cases like Final Fantasy 4's American release on the SNES having a ton of difficulty and mechanics removed to make it almost impossible to lose I think stemmed from the fact RPGs were not popular in America. So many RPGs came with full strategy guides because of how adverse American audiences were to the genre. Mystic Quest's existance ties directly into that in trying to teach Americans how to play RPGs.

The last major release I can think of that had such wide regional difference was NieR where you had different protagonists depending on the regions. Thankfully that localization practice has largely faded away, but general censorship and changes do remain. I doubt those will ever fully go away.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:29 pm Reply with quote
OmniZeroAlpha wrote:

Does "criticism" include harassment and sending death threats or harassing the original mangaka over it? Is that how "adults" act?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13