• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek to Release 3 Digimon Films With New Uncut English Dub Featuring Classic Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshleyReya1999

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I know they couldn't get the Angela Anaconda short but I wonder if they were able to get the Kids in America music video?

They probably don't have the rights to get the music video on the collection neither, but maybe in the near future, who knows?
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
PipimiOden wrote:
Sonic X ended up getting its last batch of episodes (and therefore cosmo) because of the series success internationally, especially in the US and France with 4kids and the series' french distributor becoming part of the production committee

4Kids had nothing to do with the Meterex arc's production. As a matter of fact, some of the hate they got back then was over how bad the edits on those episodes were.

Ah, that explains a lot actually lol. I must've gotten the wrong info somewhere and mis-remembered. Guess it was just the french distributor that ordered/joined the production committee for the Meterex arc without 4kids. my bad, my bad, but my point on ghost stories still stands.
mgree0032

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:03 pm Reply with quote
People are now seeing that Haim Saban actually respected anime, Japanese culture, animation, and the audience so much that fans and critics praise him for producing high quality children’s dubs from the 80s-2017. It also put him on the Hollywood walk of Fame back in 2017.
tuturuu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
I think they should do this more with Ghost stories ( japanese, famous ADV ad-lib dub and the new faithful english dub )

I would love a faithful redubbing of Ghost Stories. The "comedy" got old by the third episode and the rare moments where they didn't bastardize the script were a whole lot better than the rest of it. And the Animax dub is... well, it's something.
tuturuu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:58 pm Reply with quote
mgree0032 wrote:
People are now seeing that Haim Saban actually respected anime, Japanese culture, animation, and the audience so much that fans and critics praise him for producing high quality children’s dubs from the 80s-2017. It also put him on the Hollywood walk of Fame back in 2017.

Easy with the revisionism.
Digimon_Sommelier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:04 pm Reply with quote
This is great, and I hope we get a new TV anime soon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5