• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Apothecary Diaries Anime's Teaser Video Reveals New Cast Member, October Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nl_TvdL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:21 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
nl_TvdL wrote:
Jujutsu Kaisen, Spy x Family, Apothecary Diaries.. Autumn is gonna be great!

All Toho shows. Toho would be most delighted.

Well, i guess; credit where credit is due.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:23 pm Reply with quote
InNeedOfAName wrote:
iirc Sakurai voiced Jinshi in the CD dramas.
Nachtwandler wrote:
He voiced Jinshi on Drama CD, and they kept Yuuki Aoi as MaoMao from there (and I presume most of the other cast will reprise their roles).

Thanks for the info!
theilikepie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Sad that they replaced Sakurai. I think it is time to forget already what happened.

How much episodes?

Why do you still feel bad for some unfaithful prick who hurt way more people than just one? Stop pretending as if he deserves another chance already.

Becusse this is the industry that let's pedophiles comes back and hypes up there work. Yet cheating and doing drugs makes you an unperson and gets you erased
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:
Sad that they replaced Sakurai. I think it is time to forget already what happened.

How much episodes?

Why do you still feel bad for some unfaithful prick who hurt way more people than just one? Stop pretending as if he deserves another chance already.

You are wrong! He is a professional and his cheating HAS NOTHING TO DO with his career!
theilikepie wrote:
Eddy2 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:

How much episodes?

Becusse this is the industry that let's pedophiles comes back and hypes up there work. Yet cheating and doing drugs makes you an unperson and gets you erased

He is not a criminal in no way! His amazing voice has nothing to do will all that you mentioned!
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:18 pm Reply with quote
"Kore, doku desu."

Featured in both trailers so far. Maomao is never going to live that down.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:30 pm Reply with quote
R. Kasahara wrote:
InNeedOfAName wrote:
iirc Sakurai voiced Jinshi in the CD dramas.
Nachtwandler wrote:
He voiced Jinshi on Drama CD, and they kept Yuuki Aoi as MaoMao from there (and I presume most of the other cast will reprise their roles).

Thanks for the info!

Sorry if I confused you. Like everyone said, Sakurai was never confirmed to be Jinshi in the anime. But they started releasing drama CDs and he played Jinshi there. Typically these VA casts carry through. The industry likes to keep a façade of continuity. Obviously doesn't always work.

When Sakurai was casted, I was not very pleased even though this was quite a few years ago and none of his cheating stuff broke out. I just thought the choice is too obvious and he doesn't need yet another one of these roles. But I supposed things worked out for the best. No qualms about Otsuka I can tell you that.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Visuals and voice acting are on-point!
Eddy2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
You are wrong! He is a professional and his cheating HAS NOTHING TO DO with his career!
He is not a criminal in no way! His amazing voice has nothing to do will all that you mentioned!

Dear god, have you seriously not learned anything from when Sakurai lost his role in Ayaka? (https://imgur.com/gallery/u3aZXCY) Criminal or not, professional or not, the fact (strong emphasis on the word FACT) remains that he's still a terrible person who ended the careers of multiple people. Why must you insist at every chance you get that he's not? And that he doesn't deserve to be punished when he absolutely does?
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
"Kore, doku desu."

Featured in both trailers so far. Maomao is never going to live that down.

Is there a better possible advertisement for the series than that scene, with her gleefully saying that line?

(And besides, Maomao ever wanting to live that down would be out of character.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:15 am Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
-Matthew- wrote:

Dear god, have you seriously not learned anything from when Sakurai lost his role in Ayaka? (https://imgur.com/gallery/u3aZXCY) Criminal or not, professional or not, the fact (strong emphasis on the word FACT) remains that he's still a terrible person who ended the careers of multiple people. Why must you insist at every chance you get that he's not? And that he doesn't deserve to be punished when he absolutely does?

Yes, he is not responsible for anything but his affair, that is all. His voice acting HAS NOTHING TO DO with all this panic towards him. And the agency which fired him after is terrible.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:15 pm Reply with quote
So many commenter elsewhere recommended this series, so I just started reading it last week. It is EXCELLENT! So well written.

So many light novel authors have good (even great) ideas but are somewhat lacking in writing skills. For example, I adore Bookworm—purchased and read ALL the novels—but the books are littered with instances where the dialog is followed by a completely redundant paragraph that paraphrases that dialog. That’s just not good writing.

Apothecary Diaries is just a solidly written series, full of witty dialog, excellent plotting and vividly depicted characters. Plus, it’s got a great sense of humor.

I’m so stoked we’re getting an anime. And I’m so glad I listened to all those who were so loudly recommending the series.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:47 pm Reply with quote
NeedMoreCats wrote:
So many light novel authors have good (even great) ideas but are somewhat lacking in writing skills. For example, I adore Bookworm—purchased and read ALL the novels—but the books are littered with instances where the dialog is followed by a completely redundant paragraph that paraphrases that dialog. That’s just not good writing.

Oh, that's far from being a problem limited to just Bookworm. Fujino Omori, the author of the DanMachi franchise, is also notorious for that, and I've seen it to some degree in enough other LNs that it's practically become a style point over the years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2