• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Game Streams Trailer for 'Future Redeemed' DLC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:38 am Reply with quote
Ugh I'll sadly have to skip this for
awhile since it's so close to Zelda.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:45 am Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

True but I think alot of people bought the dlc at launch. For me the bigger issue is that it launches the same week as Jedi Survivor.
Dnautics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:35 am Reply with quote
Doesn't look too bad. I still miss the original characters but I guess that story was wrapped up. I have to finish Xenoblade 2 DLC first, but I guess I will add this to my list.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'm really feeling it!
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:37 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

True but I think alot of people bought the dlc at launch. For me the bigger issue is that it launches the same week as Jedi Survivor.
Ya see I have the DLC too but I also have ADD and can really only focus on 1 game at a time and while I don't know the length of said DLC seeing as Torna was roughly 17-40 Hours depending on your playstyle (mine was in the 40ish hours) I simply can't finish it in time with the amount of free time I have in my life. I hope you enjoy it and Jedi Survivor.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I am disappointed with the DLC's setting. I do not care in the slightest about what lead to the fake world that was retconned from existence with the games ending and wanted a proper epilogue. Of course the game as a whole was disappointing and not at all a proper sequel to the previous games.
catone2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:33 am Reply with quote
Can't wait and glad they brought character designs closer to XB2. My boi Rex grew up to be a great man.
Unculturedman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:49 am Reply with quote
Leviathonlx1 wrote:
I am disappointed with the DLC's setting. I do not care in the slightest about what lead to the fake world that was retconned from existence with the games ending and wanted a proper epilogue. Of course the game as a whole was disappointing and not at all a proper sequel to the previous games.

I never understood why people were disappointed with such an incredible game, but to each their own I suppose. It was very isolated from the first two entries, but that lead to the game's unique themes and strengths. This story here is something that was hinted at within the main game, but never fully revealed, so that's cool in my book. This is all the tie in, explanatory, connective tissue stuff that people wanted in the base game. My bet is that this story will have quite a few surprises, including maybe a potential epilogue in addition to the prequel setting.
Leviathonlx1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Unculturedman wrote:
Leviathonlx1 wrote:

I never understood why people were disappointed with such an incredible game, but to each their own I suppose. It was very isolated from the first two entries, but that lead to the game's unique themes and strengths. This story here is something that was hinted at within the main game, but never fully revealed, so that's cool in my book. This is all the tie in, explanatory, connective tissue stuff that people wanted in the base game. My bet is that this story will have quite a few surprises, including maybe a potential epilogue in addition to the prequel setting.

It being basically a standalone game would have been fine if marketing didn't tell us it was a sequel meant to tie up the previous 2 games and was instead marketed/sold as something like Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 (though even then the last part of the game was pretty mediocre in general). I'd also likely be less jaded if a hypothetical XB4 would be a proper sequel but we've already been told it'll likely be a new narrative universe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1