• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spy Classroom Anime Gets 2nd Season Premiering in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 am Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
I liked Season 1, so I'll be back for season 2. I wouldn't put it into Spy x Family territory (and haven't watched Buddy Daddies), but it was a good series and not as far off as I think many want to admit. I generally do not mind the off-beat storytelling method (the back in time, pre-mission stuff) in most anime that do it. Non-linear story telling is more interesting to me anyway when done well. It would have been a bigger drag perhaps if the show wasn't continuing, but that's not a concern now, so...

I continue to believe that Hidive's "less than stellar" service is a drag on a lot of shows. Loved the latest season of Is It Wrong, but I had to skip weeks because I dreaded having to deal with their slow and buggy site. It was the same with the old Funimation - indifferent to their existence, but hated having to use them for streaming anything. With Funi this led to me skipping a lot of stuff, and I find myself doing that with Hidive now too.

I agree that Hidive really needs some major QOL improvements but personally I’ve never really experienced any major issues with their browser, their apps on the other hand though are atrocious the Xbox app has got to be the worst streaming service app I’ve ever used, I have a better time watching Hidive through the Xbox’s browser than using the actual app.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:21 am Reply with quote
Nice. Aside from the cliffhhanger the official website was teasing something to come. I am not that surprised by the announcement of this second cour, but I am glad HIDIVE will have something else to stream this Summer.

Hopefully cour 2 is better paced and focused.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:

I agree that Hidive really needs some major QOL improvements but personally I’ve never really experienced any major issues with their browser, their apps on the other hand though are atrocious the Xbox app has got to be the worst streaming service app I’ve ever used, I have a better time watching Hidive through the Xbox’s browser than using the actual app.

For me the website used to be a sort of nit-picky kind of annoying. "Resume watching" for instance picking up with the start of the last episode you watched rather than the next episode available. Or asking if you're still watching every third or fourth episode you've watched. Now it asks if you're still watching after every episode, or will freeze up part way through an episode and you'll need to refresh the page. It's stuff that just seems like a professional site should be able to handle in 2023. But as I said, Funi had similar issues up to the months before they went away last year. So a part of me feels like it's just not that easy and I need to be patient and understanding, while another part of me feels like "no, get your damn act together already. Stop being so bad at the one thing you're supposed to be good at!" I'd probably have coronary if I had to deal with the app based on things I've heard about it. Crunchy's app I'm told is also quite bad, but I haven't used it in years (was the PS4 app) and was only a couple days because my PC was going through a rebuild, and I've never ever had any problems with their website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2