• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist Gets New TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Great. Hopefully it adapts more of the manga.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I honestly hope it's not going to A-1 Pictures again, with how much workload they already have. Aniplex need to chill out.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:16 am Reply with quote
The Anime Binge-Watcher wrote:
I realize I'm probably the only person who still cares about Blue Exorcist in the year of our lord 2022, but fudge YES I'M SO EXCITED!! I hope A-1 Pictures is still involved, considering how excellent their recent output has been.

You're not! This news made my day too. Mr. Green Especially since it'll likely adapt my favorite manga arc. (best girl Izumo's arc <3)

Sobe wrote:
Let's hope all of the anime for the third season is canon. No more anime-only plot like the final 1/3 of the first season please!

You don't have to worry about that. The anime has only adapted 2 of the manga's 12 story arcs, so there's no shortage of material for them to adapt. I'm honestly surprised they even took a break after the second season since it would've taken a few seasons to catch up even then.
Rokk3000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:56 am Reply with quote
The Anime Binge-Watcher wrote:
I realize I'm probably the only person who still cares about Blue Exorcist in the year of our lord 2022, but fudge YES I'M SO EXCITED!! I hope A-1 Pictures is still involved, considering how excellent their recent output has been.

I still like it. In fact, after I bought a region-free bluray player recently,. I bought the first season to add to the movie I already had in Region B. Only the first half of season 2 is available though, and I'd rather have a complete set, given it's only 12 episodes.

Hopefully the new series is a continuation rather than a reboot, but even a reboot could be ok.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 pm Reply with quote
This is exciting but yeah, the reason the second season flopped sales-wise was because of the large gap between seasons. Hopefully this season does better and they announce a 4th season at the end of the last episode or something. The AoEx manga is an excellent series and deserves to be adapted in full.

Every time AoEx is mentioned though, I kick myself from 11 years ago for not getting into 2PM when they sang the ending song "Take Off". So obsessed with them now and I could've gone to all their concerts when I was living in Japan. Crying or Very sad
Naotomato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Nawulf wrote:
F@(k yes, this is awesome! AAAA I can't contain myself! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green I've been so salty and jelly for Moriarty and World Trigger, but now I don't have to anymore. Anime catgrin

I guess World Trigger is a little short of material (30 chapters) to get a new season.
I wonder if we'll get new seasons of Hunter x Hunter (that has 60 chapters of unadapted material) and D.Gray-Man (37 chapters) any time soon.

Also, not a Shueisha property, but I'd like to have an anime continuation of Black Butler.

Adding on I want a continuation of Slayers.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Naotomato wrote:

Please give me another season of Seraph of the End.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Naotomato wrote:

Please give me another season of Seraph of the End.

Having read the Seraph Of End manga...no one should want more of that.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:18 am Reply with quote
Rokk3000 wrote:
I still like it. In fact, after I bought a region-free bluray player recently,. I bought the first season to add to the movie I already had in Region B. Only the first half of season 2 is available though, and I'd rather have a complete set, given it's only 12 episodes.

It would be nice if this development convinces Sony to re-release the first two seasons. The second in particular seemed to go out-of-print relatively quick.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:23 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Sariachan wrote:
Is this a reboot or a new season of the existing anime?

New season looks like.

I see, thank for the info!

MV081199 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
I watched the whole first season of Blue Exorcist, I know I watched it, I can tell you for a fact that I watched it...but I could not for the life of me describe it to you in any meaningful way, that's how little impression it left on me. Not that it was bad or anything, it was just...there. It felt like one of those classic "Anime: The Anime" series.

After Episode 15 it followed an original path. Season 2 continues from Episode 15, ignoring the rest of Season 1 and adapting content from the Manga.

Thanks to you too, now at least I know which episodes I should skip. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2