• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney+: 'No Update' on Availability of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Anime in Latin America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix Anime

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't seem to be available here in Singapore as well.
EpicMatt16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:12 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Hey Viz maybe you guys should have stuck with Crunchyroll

It was more that Disney won the bid for the rights to the series than them just deciding to leave CR. They had a contract with CR to stream Bleach, which was expiring soon and just so happened to be close to the release of TYBW. CR it seems either decided not to renew their contract for the rights, or they simply lost to Disney in getting them.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. A lot of people been saying the main reason that CR didn't keep Bleach is because during the bidding for shows this season, they went all out for Chainsaw Man.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:18 pm Reply with quote
EpicMatt16 wrote:
It was more that Disney won the bid for the rights to the series than them just deciding to leave CR. They had a contract with CR to stream Bleach, which was expiring soon and just so happened to be close to the release of TYBW.

Worth mentioning that the license Crunchyroll had was through TV Tokyo, as per the information on the (now empty) show page. So Viz almost certainly had no all on whether that contract was renewed or not.
EpicMatt16

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:36 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
EpicMatt16 wrote:
It was more that Disney won the bid for the rights to the series than them just deciding to leave CR. They had a contract with CR to stream Bleach, which was expiring soon and just so happened to be close to the release of TYBW.

Worth mentioning that the license Crunchyroll had was through TV Tokyo, as per the information on the (now empty) show page. So Viz almost certainly had no all on whether that contract was renewed or not.

Forgot that was how it was, thanks. It probably still due to CR not renewing the license is why the series got taken off, and that it was just poor timing coming right before TYBW's release.
Turro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Disney executives do not understand the product they purchased or how is consumed by the Target public. By the time it is broadcast in Latam, everyone will have seen it on pirate pages.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Turro wrote:
Disney executives do not understand the product they purchased or how is consumed by the Target public. By the time it is broadcast in Latam, everyone will have seen it on pirate pages.

Is there any evidence though that the there's basically no money to be made in anime post it broadcasting on Japanese TV? People always imply this like nobody will watch it but I feel like any successful streaming platform that's striving to make a profit and gets anime post-Japanese broadcast... then proceeds to get more of it kinda gets more and more of it kinda shows that that probably isn't the case.
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Disney cannot hang and cannot handle this stuff, period. The current Disney+/Hulu/Star mess leaves the majority of their content in an unorganized cluster of what goes where in what country, and something like this falls by the wayside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Felix Anime wrote:
Doesn't seem to be available here in Singapore as well.

Ani-One handle Bleach in SEA region. It's available on their YouTube membership.
peno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:03 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:

It seems the other countries may get the Netflix batch treatment.

That would at least be something. But, regarding anime on Disney+, here in Czechia we've got nothing so far, except Star Wars: Visions. Seems like Disney couldn't care less regarding anime outside few chosen regions and it makes me mad at them. On the other hand, recently, we've got a lot of Korean dramas on Disney+ here Surprised I don't complain, they are fun to watch. But why we are getting that and not anime titles Disney hogged specifically for the service to increase percentage of international productions on Disney+?
kamina170

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Just letting you guys know that Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War english dub will premiere tomorrow at 12pm on Hulu
Manu#12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I like how the US can watch it weekly and is already receiving the dub meanwhile the rest of the world doesn't even have an ETA for when the series will be available on D+. Gotta love companies who only care about the US getting into anime streaming, maybe one day "international" will actually mean what it means and not just "some countries in America".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2