• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Silent Hill Film Director: Silent Hill Games Currently in Development

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Adding fuel to the leaks, aren't you?
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. If there's anyone I don't want near the Silent Hill franchise ever again, it's Christophe Gans. Ignorant sexist butthole.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:51 pm Reply with quote
none of the original creators have been on Konami for a loooong time,so we know this guy is talking out of his ass...
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Too little, too late, methinks.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:52 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
none of the original creators have been on Konami for a loooong time,so we know this guy is talking out of his ass...

Actually no. Some of them left, some of the team are still there, and according to rumors some of them, like Akira Yamaoka and Masahiro Ito, are working on them. Even if they are no longer employees, nothing stops them from continuing to work with Konami under independent contract.
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

Actually no. Some of them left, some of the team are still there, and according to rumors some of them, like Akira Yamaoka and Masahiro Ito, are working on them. Even if they are no longer employees, nothing stops them from continuing to work with Konami under independent contract.

"Some of the team" literally only Owaku is there in terms of the most important people from Team Silent, and he hasn't done anything in forever.
Lo Wang

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Knowing Konami they left out fact that their all either more pochacco, mobile games or low effort ports. They need to just give and sell their IPs to Sony or another game publisher who isn't run by executives who do lines of cocaine off their desks.
Ashabel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:34 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:

Masahiro Ito has stated multiple times on Twitter that he never spoke to Christophe Gans, would love it if Gans stopped pretending they're friends, and also thinks Gans is kind of a clueless dumbass from how he got literally every single bit of his symbolic imagery wrong.

Also literally nobody would ever work with Konami under an independent contract after leaving their company due to how they treat former employees, don't make me laugh.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:51 am Reply with quote
Sigh, I will need to see an announcement before I will believe anything, we have had too many years of just rumors now.
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:36 am Reply with quote
Ashabel wrote:
jdnation wrote:

Masahiro Ito has stated multiple times on Twitter that he never spoke to Christophe Gans, would love it if Gans stopped pretending they're friends, and also thinks Gans is kind of a clueless dumbass from how he got literally every single bit of his symbolic imagery wrong.

Also literally nobody would ever work with Konami under an independent contract after leaving their company due to how they treat former employees, don't make me laugh.

Itō literally designed the creatures for Metal Gear Survive as an independent contractor but okay.
largobargin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 am Reply with quote
ThrowMeOut wrote:
Ugh. If there's anyone I don't want near the Silent Hill franchise ever again, it's Christophe Gans. Ignorant sexist butthole.

Into the trash you go, as requested
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:37 am Reply with quote
Man, we've been hearing rumors about a new Silent Hill project for almost 5 years now, I mean, maybe a new game will be released but I don't know if will live up to the hype.

Lo Wang wrote:
Knowing Konami they left out fact that their all either more pochacco, mobile games or low effort ports. They need to just give and sell their IPs to Sony or another game publisher who isn't run by executives who do lines of cocaine off their desks.

I don't think Konami would sell their IP to another developers, they're doing fine, at least in Japan where they're the biggest third-party developer, gaming is still their more important division, but as you said they only develop smaller games, which actually make them more profit. Considering the Castlevania, Contra and TMNT collections did pretty well, I expect them to release a Metal Gear and Silent Hill collection, I think it would be much easier for them just to hire an external development to remaster their older games for new consoles, but I don't think we'll see a new AAA Metal Gear or Silent Hill anytime soon, but who knows.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:10 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
"Some of the team" literally only Owaku is there in terms of the most important people from Team Silent, and he hasn't done anything in forever.

I believe Owaku retired awhile ago. He is no longer working anywhere.

Ashabel wrote:
Masahiro Ito has stated multiple times on Twitter that he never spoke to Christophe Gans, would love it if Gans stopped pretending they're friends, and also thinks Gans is kind of a clueless dumbass from how heis got literally every single bit of his symbolic imagery wrong.
they treat former employees, don't make me laugh.

I never said he did. Apparently Gans did talk to Yamaoka and unfortunately Yamaoka gave him incorrect data. But it wouldn't have mattered as Gans was going to do his own thing, taking things he liked from all the games and expanding them with his interpretations. So it would be akin to complaining that Kubrick changed thing adapting The Shining. Not that Gans is on par with KubrIck, but the approach is the same. And you don't have to like it, but that was it.

Also Yamaoka, Ito, and Toyama left Konami at different times on their own terms. So it was not like what happened to Kojima Productions. As AliceTheHare mentioned, Ito still does contract work with Konami, and leaked concept art indicates he is working on a new Silent Hill project. Heck, even Kojima himself stated that he was willing to bury the hatchet and instead express gratitude for his time at Konami and be open to working with them again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1