• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter x Hunter's Yoshihiro Togashi: "I've Decided to Increase My Staff"

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MakiharaMeiko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 am Reply with quote
I'm glad he decided to have a bigger help.
I know how he feels as I'm an artist myself and I would hate to have someone else drawing for me in a manga I already started to draw. I just hope his story doesn't go too much further, because he is not in a condition to being like this for years...

I love his art style, but I love even more his stories. So if he has more ideas in his mind (besides HxH), I'll be delightful to see them through light novels or another artist style, as someone else said before. But I doubt he'll do that with HxH because he started it and he'll want to finish it himself.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:16 am Reply with quote
Is it too late to bring back apprenticeships? I’m kidding (kinda), but I do think that looking at what happened to Beserk and Miura, it might be better to have Togashi do something like the storyboards, have an assistant or someone do the detailed art, and then have him basically redline it into the finished product til it meets his standards.

Clearly he loves his work, but no art is worth sacrificing anyone’s health over.
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:32 am Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Clearly he loves his work, but no art is worth sacrificing anyone’s health over.

For real. At this point it truly sounds like Togashi-san needs surgery or the mother of all chiropractic adjustments (at the very least). As someone who's still fairly young, yet also developed back problems by trying to help my parents with something that should've been simple, I hope he can find an effective treatment.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm more than understanding of taking care of your health before work and am not concerned in that regard but I've been meaning to ask if his hips are in such bad shape does the Japanese medical industry not want to perform a hip replacement for him? Those are pretty standard procedures here in the states now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if his reluctance to hire assistances was down to pride or him wanting to have complete control over his work.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, too much information.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:56 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wonder if his reluctance to hire assistances was down to pride or him wanting to have complete control over his work.

To me, that's the most likely reason. It's not like he started to have health problems last week, or something.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:28 pm Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
I hope togashi retires. I don't need to see the ending of Hunter X Hunter. Seriously, I would feel much better knowing the man can rest, and enjoy raising his kid with his child.

Technically speaking if he did retire you would see the end of Hunter X Hunter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2