• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who DOESN'T like Cowboy Bebop?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macross3000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I loved the series! However, my brother hated it though. The reason he gave was that he didn't like the Spike character (can you imagine? Shocked ) and said that he was generally annoying. I disagree, but he seems to think there is no redeeming qualities about the series. Also, he hated the designs for the animations as well. I don't know what he was thinking, but he was definitely not enjoying what he saw.
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
When I first started watching it, I didn't like it. Mainly, I just found it dull and boring. But not being a person who gives up on an anime easily, I continued to watch it. It's still not one of my favourites, but I can definitly say that I like it now.
Dom Dunc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I loved it too. As you said, it's probably one of the best dubs out there. I also loved that it is very accessable to everyone. (i.e. There are no obscure Japanese references that Americans wouldn't get)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I rented a tape once for an overnight anime viewing with some friends, which contained "Black Dog Serenade" and "My Funny Valentine" (not the best starter episodes, but it was the only tape available and this was before I had a DVD player). We got around to watching it about 3:00 a.m., and everyone else didn't like it too much (those that were awake, that is...and for the record, I was hooked immediately). Ironically, every single person there later saw it on Adult Swim and heralded it as one of the best TV shows ever. Laughing

Aside from that, I've only run across about one or two people on other forums that didn't like it...and they were jerks & morons (not trying to say there's any correlation there...but the fact is they were jackasses). But that's it; everyone else I've talked to that's seen it liked it on some level (favourite, passing fancy, "eh, it's good, but not as great as they say," etc.).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ramiel_X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I have yet to see someone who doesn't like it. I loved it very much so indeed.
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I have a few friends who didn't like it on adult swim because they would never see the show in order just random ones, and could never figure out any of the charachters. However after I lent out some of my dvd's they all decided it was the best show ever.
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:58 pm Reply with quote
One word: Ignoramuses

(pl. Ignoramuses.) A stupid, ignorant person; a vain pretender to knowledge; a dunce
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc

Thanks to http://dictionary.com
RantingOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote
out of all the forums I've been on, and all the poeople I've talked to, I have yet to find anyone who didn't like it in any way. in fact,

I think I will finally have enough for the whole set this friday... yay! Cool ah yes... how is the manga? is it worth buying?
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I ran across a little kid in my school who didn't like it. The reason? "It comes on too late at night, and there's not enough fighting." Apparently he didn't understand that not all anime is epileptic DBZ, or that DVDs exist. I guess this supports the idea that non-fans are just ignorant. (Not necessarily stupid, but usually the case as well) So to re-ask the question, is there anyone who doesn't like it for a GOOD reason?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop is the main reason Me and all of my friends LOVE anime. If it wasn't for this show I probably wouldin't have given anime a chane (Shame on me!) anyway I saw the entire series twice in one day and was instantly hooked. Sorry, I know this was supossed to be a forum for those that "Don't" like cowboy Bebop, (Is that even possible in the same sentance?!?!) But I allways use every oppurtunity to tell of the Greatness of Bebop!
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Shinji Ikari wrote:
Cowboy Bebop is the main reason Me and all of my friends LOVE anime. If it wasn't for this show I probably wouldin't have given anime a chane (Shame on me!) anyway I saw the entire series twice in one day and was instantly hooked. Sorry, I know this was supossed to be a forum for those that "Don't" like cowboy Bebop, (Is that even possible in the same sentance?!?!) But I allways use every oppurtunity to tell of the Greatness of Bebop!

If it WEREN'T, not wasn't. When imagining or wishing, "if it were" is the proper construction. Just a little grammar nit-picking to welcome you to the forum. Wink The only negative slightly associated with Bebop I can think of is the fact that AS ran the series over a few too many times for my liking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:55 pm Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
If it WEREN'T, not wasn't. When imagining or wishing, "if it were" is the proper construction. Just a little grammar nit-picking to welcome you to the forum. Wink The only negative slightly associated with Bebop I can think of is the fact that AS ran the series over a few too many times for my liking.

Just nit-picking everything today, eh? Very Happy

Well, I'll tell you I'm not coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs over Cowboy Bebop but I did like it. I think I've seen it all of...once. More than liking though I respect it. It is an amazingly well-crafted anime.
Iscariot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I liked the show but its not one of my favorites.
AroundTheWorld

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote
It's okay... It's too episodic for my tastes. Not enough plot.. plus it has cliche and underdeveloped characters who remain static throughout the series..

But I don't hate it.. it's a medeocre series..
gnollman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Everyone I know who has seen it has loved it. Even my father likes it, and he's nearly seventy...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3