• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dark Horse to Reprint Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Somehow Dark Horse reprinting something seems less likely than Panty and Stocking getting a second season
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Somehow Dark Horse reprinting something seems less likely than Panty and Stocking getting a second season

Took the words right out of my mouth Laughing Laughing
Big Kahuna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Are there any words if the reprint is going to be flipped like the old edition? Size? More importantly, is Dark Horse going to fix some of the translation and panel sequence errors? Translation notes related to Cultural and historical references embedded in the dialogues would also be nice. Here's hoping.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Really bringing it back in more ways than one!
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 am Reply with quote
So I guess this is all the news we'll get out Dark Horse for awhile? Besides Berserk and Gantz and the upcoming reprints of Lone Wolf and Cub they don't really have anything anymore. I just wished those Ah/Oh My Goddess! Omnibuses sold better.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:58 am Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
I just wished those Ah/Oh My Goddess! Omnibuses sold better.

Is that the holdup? I’ve been waiting VERY patiently for them to continue, but I assumed it was because Dark Horse’s license reverted to Kodansha. Those are fantastic books, and it would be so unfortunate for them to just end halfway through. They shouldn’t even start collections like that unless they’re committed to finishing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:40 am Reply with quote
Bah. Still want reprints of Elfen Lied.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:57 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

Is that the holdup? I’ve been waiting VERY patiently for them to continue, but I assumed it was because Dark Horse’s license reverted to Kodansha. Those are fantastic books, and it would be so unfortunate for them to just end halfway through. They shouldn’t even start collections like that unless they’re committed to finishing.
From what I heard from some random ANN user is they sold so badly that they are not finishing it. Besides no translation notes (which the non omnibuses versions were great at) they were a huge improvement paper quality wise.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:14 am Reply with quote
No surprise OMG sold poorly in omnibus form, since it has a whack rushed ending.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:01 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:

From what I heard from some random ANN user is they sold so badly that they are not finishing it. Besides no translation notes (which the non omnibuses versions were great at) they were a huge improvement paper quality wise.

Well hopefully they change their mind if that’s true. Unfortunately the original printings of the later volumes are OOP, and lack the color pages of these. OMG is one of the most iconic harem series, and it would be surprising if it really did sell poorly.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well hopefully they change their mind if that’s true. Unfortunately the original printings of the later volumes are OOP, and lack the color pages of these. OMG is one of the most iconic harem series, and it would be surprising if it really did sell poorly.
I hope so too. There is a reason my avatar is Urd Smile
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Would love it if Dark Horse would reprint and finish Kenichi Sonoda's 'Cannon God Exaxxion', and Johji Manabe's 'Drakuun: Dragon Princess Army', which they left unfinished.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1