• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In Another World With My Smartphone Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
Holy crap! I did not expect this to get a Season 2. The harem is back and I'm here for it. It's just strange that there are better novel's than this that never got a Season 2.
Adell105

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow...really? Out of all the sequels that can be done, they choose one for this crap story, that dude its basically mega easy mode god with that damn smarthphone.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:14 pm Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/winterpatora/status/1514899918942777349

The English release had been selling more than the Japanese release. These days, overseas revenue play a huge role in whether a series will get more anime or not.

The quote tweet person added: 勘違いされてしまっているので追記しますが、海外で小説版がすごい売れている、というだけの話であって、アニメ2期が決まったことにはこの件は関係ないです。So it is, for this particular case, not related.

I think it is important to recognize the overseas factor but it is still a multi-factored decision. If you look at the bigger picture, anime is still growing and still has significant room for growth overseas even with 40 shows per season. So investors are jumping on board for these sequels generally.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait. Touya and his band are just a laugh riot.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:06 pm Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
Hell yeah! I know a lot of people didn't like it but I loved how stupidly funny it was. Looking forward to season 2.

I'm the same i looooved it! bought up and read every novel as well and looking forward to him finishing getting the rest of his fiances.
in the novels Touya is a lot more callous towards his enemies then the anime depicted, kinda wish they made his personality skew more in that direction though.
Neji_Hyuga_II

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Kind of wondering if the season will get to spoiler[the Frame Gears. The giant robots in the isekai setting. They’re nice looking designs too.]

Likely not. If we assume that the second season has the same pacing as the first season (which adapted 2 and a half volumes for some strange reason [oh yeah, and the harem reveal at the end? That's Volume 6 material...]), the second season would end with the fifth volume aka the spoiler[Grand Duke Touya].
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I hate to be that guy, but seeing all these minor league cookie cutter isekai get sequels while No Game No Life is left in limbo kind of irks me.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:48 pm Reply with quote
This is probably the Isekai that gets made fun of the most and gets thrown around as one of the "worst" in the genre, but I'm down for a second season.
JustMonika wrote:
I swear that any day now we'll get an announcement for a season 3 of Haruhi Suzumiya and a season 2 for Chivalry of a Failed Knight, lol

I'd be more than happy with that.

I mean, they finally gave The Devil is a Part-Timer a second season after so many years and the novel series just ended, so stranger things have happened. I mean, Spice and Wolf is coming back...
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:05 pm Reply with quote
fudge yeah! I loved this show! Now, we just need a second season 2 for Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle and we'll reach perfection!
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:04 pm Reply with quote
You know, with its nine heroines and mecha battles down the road, this series actually has really strong merchandise potential. If they can adapt it right, they'll find themselves with a goldmine.
tsog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
SkyLETV34 wrote:
Hell yeah! I know a lot of people didn't like it but I loved how stupidly funny it was. Looking forward to season 2.

I'm the same i looooved it!

Third! While other isekais (like Death March) are so-bad-it's-still-bad this one is so-bad-but-I-can't-stop-laughing.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Isekai cheat magician actually got a new ova last year yet for some reason
ANN never announced it.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49297/Isekai_Cheat_Magician__Yoiboshi_no_Matsuri_to_Majutsushi

As much as our News team tries to catch every piece of new news about anime, sometimes we just miss things like this. If you think we've missed a piece of news and would like it reported on, you can email us any time at [email protected].
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Was just ragging on (responding to) the NFT announcement for Fruit of Evolution and saw this! This must be my lucky day for irony...However, I'll add my opinion that Isakai SmartPhone wasn't all that bad and some goofy fun so this shouldn't be the shocker it is except that the probability of S2 tends to go down exponentially with time after the last Ep. According to my expert mathematical analysis, based on shows in the last 5 years getting sequels, the expectation value that this would have an S2 were approximately 1 in 312.5 Million....Who paid off who?? Anyway, Inquiring Minds may find out how Mochizuki Touya gets those 3 other wives mentioned at the closer... Smile
Joryn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:59 pm Reply with quote
It's not a great anime, but it's good for just basic, turn your brain off, entertainment, which is nice to have from time to time.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I ended up loving this series and have been hoping for a second season for some time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3