• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer Manga's Swordsmith Village Arc Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Should be interesting, but I gotta say the "Love Hashira" looks a little more like deranged to me! I get visions of her demon-slaying technique involving those "thicc" thighs and don't tell me those boobs can decapitate (get the head between and yank...)? Embarassed
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:40 am Reply with quote
Cutty Mink wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Engineering Nerd wrote:
It is a no-brainer at this point that all of the Demon Slayer manga will be adapted into anime,

Just like Promised Neverland?

These situations are nowhere near comparable for a variety of reasons.

1) Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, the quality of the "Promised Neverland" manga started going downhill post-Goldy Pond. While it obviously never hit the lows attained by the atrocious season two, the manga sales of Promised Neverland declined as the content grew worse. While I personally don't even like Demon Slayer, I can't say there is a similar decline in quality. The author's vision of the story feels complete and well-realized. Even if people can argue against how certain aspects of Demon Slayer's ending worked, it at least DID have an ending with real consequences and real payoff.

2) Demon Slayer is way more popular than Promised Neverland was; even at the peak of Promised Neverland's popularity. DS is a juggernaut that's in a league completely separate from other hits like Promised Neverland.

3) Demon Slayer has way more mainstream appeal; it's a battle shonen with Japanese flavor in a historical setting; it's grim, has goofy anime characters and colorful battles. Couple that with the beautiful animation and it's a series with a wider strike zone in regards to which demographics it will hit.

Sadly, the truth is that Demon Slayer will get a full adaption because it's more popular than Promised Neverland ever was, has more mainstream appeal, and doesn't have source material that declines sharply in quality.

Sadly? I mean, is it bad that DS is doing well?
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:12 am Reply with quote
I thought it was obvious, with the success of the movie and the manga series.

But I wonder why the "sadly", too. I think it's a quite fine battle series with mostly likeable characters. Heck, even the baddies have their own time to know why they choose to behave like that -even if its unacceptable. As someone wrote: "In the end, even the Devil has his own reasons -it doesn't mean that he's right- and we should listen to it".
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:58 am Reply with quote
Cutty Mink wrote:

These situations are nowhere near comparable for a variety of reasons.

The point was you have to assume Murphy Law could “potentially” come into play with how the remaining parts of the series is adapted and knowing how janky anime production can be at times. Them not being comparable and the other reasons you listed aren’t particularly relevant.

Sorraffy wrote:
Did PN have a movie that earned almost half a billion at the global box office?

Bleach had 3 movies Naruto combined has about 11 movies, DragonBall combined has 18 movies and counting, One Piece has 14 movies and counting, Doraemon has a bunch of movies (too lazy to number crunch).

What’s the correlation here with regards to my comment?

Especially since the Demon Slayer anime was already popular before Demon Train dropped which was why Demon Train was adapted into a film to begin with?

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Dayraven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:05 am Reply with quote
I assumed the ‘sadly’ was for The Promised Neverland, not Demon Slayer.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:08 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
The right poster is a bit of spoiler with what she can do...

Dislocate her spine? She's got nothin' on Inosuke. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3