• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tenchi GXP - Licensed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I just got back from AXNY/BAAF, I have so many posts to read! Anyways, at FUNimation's panel they announced that they licensed Tenchi GXP! I hope they don't screw it up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

I just got back from AXNY/BAAF, I have so many posts to read! Anyways, at FUNimation's panel they announced that they licensed Tenchi GXP! I hope they don't screw it up...

Who was on FUNimation's panel?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Gen Fukunaga but I can't remember the other guy's name.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:44 am Reply with quote
Did they also say they had One Piece? I read that they did on AoD, but have yet to see any confirmation
Case

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Ramen wrote:

Did they also say they had One Piece? I read that they did on AoD, but have yet to see any confirmation

Anime Nation reported the same thing in their first slew of con news:

http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=3984

They don't cite anyone as a source, AoD or otherwise, so I'd guess that they picked it up on it first-hand also.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Gen said they were given 'the green light' but are waiting til they can start, I don't know what they're waiting for. I was kinda confused by that but I'm pretty sure that means they have it for sure. Very Happy When Viz was asked about One Piece they said to wait for the next convention, does this mean FUNi doesn't have it for sure? I dunno. I'm pretty sure they have it though.
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:15 pm Reply with quote
sailormech wrote:

They don't cite anyone as a source, AoD or otherwise, so I'd guess that they picked it up on it first-hand also.

Sorry to be the party pooper, but here's the quote from Animenation:

"According to Anime on DVD, FUNimation confirmed at last weekend's Anime Expo New York that they have acquired the translation rights to the currently ongoing, 100+ episode long One Piece anime TV series, and the currently airing Tenchi Muyo! GXP TV series."

They most definitely cite AoD in their news blurb. Confused
Case

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ramen wrote:

They most definitely cite AoD in their news blurb. Confused

Heh heh... I need to get more sleep at night. Maybe cut the old bedtime back to 12:00 or so. Rolling Eyes

When I want back and saw no link at the bottom, I must have automatically assumed that there was no third-party source. Brain fart.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1