• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece's American Theatrical Run Starts Thursday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Friggen' heck man! I can't seem to be able to bring the site up to see if it's playing near me or not!

Oh well, we didn't get the Naruto or Fullmetal movies, I don't see why we'd get One Piece's either.....
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Friggen' heck man! I can't seem to be able to bring the site up to see if it's playing near me or not!

Oh well, we didn't get the Naruto or Fullmetal movies, I don't see why we'd get One Piece's either.....

One theaterin Utah.

firedragon54738 wrote:
i what to see Vexille but i have no idea if it play here

I assume you mean you want to see Vexille. There’s 1 theater in Wisconsin.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
One Piece is my favorite anime. It's actually playing in 2 theaters about 15 minutes from my hometown. However, I'm 5 hours away at college right now. How cruel... Anime cry
F8TE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
I went to see One Piece tonight, though it seems that no one around the Dallas area knew it was playing because a friend and I were the only ones there...

Even so i'm gonna go next week and watch Vexille.
Pixeleen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
True. We usually don't get anything at all. Did they plan for a limited release in the small towns or something? That wouldn't be a good marketing strategy would it? Confused

Pixeleen: I guess you're lucky this article peaked my interest, I haven't posted on this forum for over 2 years, lol. Very Happy

*edit* It seems to be a highlight on the allen theaters Alamogordo/Las cruces pages now. That's pretty cool!

I'm willing to be there's three other people in the theater, tops.

Ha, I haven't posted in about two years, either. Wink

NeoMaster1 wrote:
Three theaters are showing One Piece in New Mexico and yet none of them are in Albuquerque! Oy. The only one of these films I would really like to see in a theater is Vexille, but it looks like the only theater within 30 miles of Albuquerque that's participating in the program won't be showing Vexille. Oh well, at least the Century Downtown 14 here got Paprika about six months ago.

This topic sure drove all of us New Mexicans out of the woodwork! Laughing

Awww....guess some sacrifices had to made to keep the 505. Very Happy

But wow, it does seem to be an odd strategy, missing a lot of the big cities like this. I wonder how successful it will be.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote
F8TE wrote:
I went to see One Piece tonight, though it seems that no one around the Dallas area knew it was playing because a friend and I were the only ones there...

How was it? Judging by the trailer, it looked like they kept it uncut. I assume they still called him Zolo though, correct?
LC_Lapen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
F8TE wrote:

How was it? Judging by the trailer, it looked like they kept it uncut. I assume they still called him Zolo though, correct?

Nope! The movie remains very faithful to the terms pre-existing ONE PIECE fans are familiar to. Off the top of my head: Marines, Devil Fruit, Zoro, Tempo, Sables Pesado, Sanji and Robin's respective French and Spanish attacks, and Scissors and Eyelashes.

Saw the movie last night. Had a pretty lengthy impression written out on another board, but I'll summarize here: TOEI may have dropped the ball with the movie overall, but FUNi manages to salvage it by blowing us away with phenominal Voice Acting and scripting. A few technical differences between this movie and the material used in the game Unlimited Adventure, but nothing to get in a knot over.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
One theaterin Utah.

Oooh, nice! Cool Looks like I'm gonna have to make my way down to Provo tomorrow.

Acutally, now that I think about it, I think we actually did get the Fullmetal movie, and at the same Provo theater and all. I just wasn't able to go is all. I don't know, it's hard to remember.

EDIT: Heh heh, I found it in the local newspaper movie listings just now. It's funny, it's description says "animated movie from Japan for kids" and the rating says PG-13! Laughing That and tonight at 10 P.M. is one of the showings. Most kids are in bed by then. Wink Like I said though, I'm going tomorow for the 1 PM show. I'm sorry, I'm not going to go see a movie at 10 at night........
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2