• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Children of the Sea

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
If we're talking about Children of the Sea from an objective point of view, it seemed to do rather poorly in ticket sales in Japan. I think it's currently only ranked like number five? Which I guess isn't bad and shows the movie has some merits but probably not the numbers Studio 4C was hoping for, especially with Joe Hisaishi involved. So I think the numbers alone show a lot of people were confused by the movie. It sounds like one of those movies where it's more of an advertisement for the manga than a stand alone film. I'm still curious if only for Hisaishi.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Conversely for me, if the story ISN'T obtuse, I WILL be disappointed. So while I already don't exactly "agree" with the review, it's still very helpful.

To expand on what I said before: if objectivity existed, we could just feed movies into review machines and get the objective rating on a movie. "Did you like it" and/or analysis are all that really can exist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2