• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Virtua Fighter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quote
If most game-based anime, especially fighting games, get lauded for being so generally bad, I wonder if Marvel vs. Capcom would turn into a similar failure.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
Serge wrote:
Quote:
We'll probably never get the last 18 episodes,

Last 11 Episodes that is (35-24 = 11)

I was going to say "The last 15 episodes (39-24=15)"—but checking I found the other mistake in this column: that there are 39, rather than 35, episodes in the series.
drgonzo369

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
As someone who worked on the dub for this show, I'm soooo glad to see that it's listed as a "buried treasure". The show itself is really fun to watch, and we all had a heck of a fun time doing it. I just hate that media blasters screwed up on the dvds and didn't include all of the english credits for all the episodes, but oh well.

I can't recommend this show enough (and not just because I'm in it).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
lord-darkseid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
GATSU: C'est La Vie, man. I really couldn't get into the Fatal Fury OAVs. I used to like Masami Oobari but had lost enthusiasm for his stuff by the time he took the heavy fanservice route with FF, Gowcaizer and later works.
Awaken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
One thing I always love about these articles is that its like a once a week walk down memory lane. I can still remember the times sitting next to my big brother watching these shows. I can even from time to time remember how it smelled and what I was thinking at that very moment.

Just wanted to say thanks for the memories. Your articles are probably the main reason I still visit this site.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:19 am Reply with quote
I never could get into VF. The polygons were ick. As 3-d fighters go, I like Tekken and Soul Calibur more.
Anyway, why oh why do anime companies do anime based on video games? It almost never works! OK, so you occasionally get something like Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, but come on! Give it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
drgonzo369

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
I never could get into VF. The polygons were ick. As 3-d fighters go, I like Tekken and Soul Calibur more.
Anyway, why oh why do anime companies do anime based on video games? It almost never works! OK, so you occasionally get something like Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, but come on! Give it up.

Mainly it's to help sell the game, but there have been good anime based on video games (Street Fighter 2 Movie, Virtua Fighter, Fatal Fury, etc). Personally, I don't like Advent Children, except for Cloud vs Sephiroth. I felt it was a 90 mins cutscene to a game that wasn't that good in the first place.

I quote Dennis Miller:

That's just my opinion....I could be wrong. Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Serge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Serge wrote:
Quote:
We'll probably never get the last 18 episodes,

Last 11 Episodes that is (35-24 = 11)

I was going to say "The last 15 episodes (39-24=15)"—but checking I found the other mistake in this column: that there are 39, rather than 35, episodes in the series.

Seems like ANN has corrected it, No credit for me this time? Sad
NamelessNoName

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
drgonzo369 wrote:
As someone who worked on the dub for this show, I'm soooo glad to see that it's listed as a "buried treasure". The show itself is really fun to watch, and we all had a heck of a fun time doing it. I just hate that media blasters screwed up on the dvds and didn't include all of the english credits for all the episodes, but oh well.

I can't recommend this show enough (and not just because I'm in it).

So I guess there's no chance of the VF anime ever being finished...

I saw scenes of this show on youtube back in 2006 and I knew I had to get the show. I was glad that Kagemaru played an improtant role in the show. I liked that Kage and Sarah were becoming close. But of course I was very disappointed to find out that there were only 24 episodes dubbed in english and that was all that they had. I wouldn't mind seeing the rest even though it wouldn't be in english or have any subtitles.

39 episodes? I thought that there were 35.....

Well anyway I would love to find the rest of the episodes and I hope that someone in the near future finishes it.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quote
Please do not necropost in threads that are more than 6 months old without a good reason. Good potential reasons to necropost: the thread is long, old, revered, and has a wealth of well thought out opinions and arguments. Bad reasons to necropost: you just noticed an 8 month old article and want to talk about it only now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2