• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: The Most Anticipated Fall 2018 Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
KiharaNoukan wrote:

It's very simple why u don't understand the "hype", you hasn't read the light novel.

That is FLAWED logic. There are plenty of anime that I love and have never read the source material. The source material being good doesn't change a lacking adaptation. I was plenty "hyped" for HeroAca S3 and AoT S3 without reading the manga after all.

That being said, if the truly great material happens after volume 15 (content we haven't reached yet) then I will keep my eye on Index III. I am not writing it off, I found previous adaptations lukewarm and middling, thus I was expressing caution.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
KiharaNoukan wrote:

It's very simple why u don't understand the "hype", you hasn't read the light novel.

That is FLAWED logic. There are plenty of anime that I love and have never read the source material. The source material being good doesn't change a lacking adaptation. I was plenty "hyped" for HeroAca S3 and AoT S3 without reading the manga after all.

That being said, if the truly great material happens after volume 15 (content we haven't reached yet) then I will keep my eye on Index III. I am not writing it off, I found previous adaptations lukewarm and middling, thus I was expressing caution.

Can't blame you for finding the previous 2 seasons lukewarm and middling cause it was compared to how great it could have been adapted (see railgun s2).
OH&S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
KiharaNoukan wrote:

Yeah, that'll make them understand. Rolling Eyes

This was completely unhelpful.

Connor Dino wrote:
Yay! Another season of Index biting Touma for things that aren't his fault, all the while wondering why he isn't remotely interested in her romantically....almost as if there is some correlation there...but naw....TIME FOR HAREM ANTICS!! AWWW YEAH!!!

Prepare to be surprised, I guess. The series towards the end of Season 2 goes through what can only be described as a paradigm shift away from stock harem antics as the scale of the plot begins to take over. Almost 15 years into the series, while the ecchi component never quite reaches zero, it is inaccurate to call Index as a romantic comedy/harem series. This must sound flabbergasting based on the first two seasons but that's just how much the series has changed.

But there's nothing wrong with going in with low expectations to be on the safe side.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
All of those people dissing Index III will soon have their illusions broken!!!
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
Good to see Index going strong here, it's often hard to gauge how well received or strong a following a series has sometimes.

As there are plenty of anime series that seem to get a lot of western attention but just end up failing to sell or move figures due to the nature of the market and how hard it is for a anime series to really make a return.
Index is in a weird place in that regard, the fans are unlike any other and seem to stick to the series once they get in deep enough. With the manga and novel sales staying pretty strong despite the frequency of release and quantity of releases, you'd expect a higher decline with a 50+ book volume deal. As a lot of the support for this series seems to be coming from the manga/LN and its unusually large and divided install base, as I've seen many in the anime community not know the first thing about this series and where its support seems to be coming from.
At least that's what it looks like, I'm not familiar with the scene in japan but then that doesn't seem to be relevant in this poll. Still surprising to see such a strong western base play enough of a part to beat out even the SAO demand; as small of a poll as this is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3