• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Things You Might Not Know About Naruto's Masashi Kishimoto

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-SP-

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Yes this net worth is very off. If Oda can make $24 million in a single year I don't see how Kishimoto couldn't during the last few years of Naruto since it was selling just as good as One Piece.
perroloco

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:39 am Reply with quote
I don't think Naruto ever had the sales One Piece did, but it very well could have earned at least half of it, which is still like $5 million USD a year just from manga sales.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:14 am Reply with quote
I think pretty much the only good canon or semi-canon ships Kishi developed with reciprocated feelings was Shikamaru/Temaru and Jiraiya/Tsunade. Naruto did feelings for Hinata for ch. 700 but he barely interacted with her and those feelings were not thoroughly established. The 2 ships I mentioned here did. While Jiraiya did not interact with Tsunade as often, at least enough limited and reciprocated feelings was established for me to ship those 2.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:04 am Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
Yes this net worth is very off. If Oda can make $24 million in a single year I don't see how Kishimoto couldn't during the last few years of Naruto since it was selling just as good as One Piece.

Net worth reporting anywhere on the internet, even by Times, Forbes etc. is always likely to be very inaccurate, based on unknown investments, spending habits, commercial contracts etc.

Most well known mangaka with long running manga and anime series would be millionaires.

No way, ones like Aoyama/Oda/Kishimoto etc. would only make like 10K for a film. For a Detective Conan movie for example, just one film probably makes Aoyama hundreds of thousands at a minimum, but probably way more.

Most net worth reporting figures however never take into account taxes, when calculating net worth though, with high paid mangaka falling into the 45% marginal income tax bracket for income over 40,000,000 yen/366K USD.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I swear, O-parts Hunter will get an anime any day now. Aaaaany day now.

If Masashi follows up and writes Mario, his brother would be perfect for Luigi.

Emerje wrote:
I'm more concerned about how many of the serious entries are for late teens/early 20s rather than a more age-appropriate early teen. I wrote in for Philip Zhao from Ready Player One, he seems to have the right age and look and they could probably get a few movies out of him.

Emerje

I'd attribute a lot of that to nostalgia, such as the Zac Efron one due to how people wanted him cast as Light Yagami back during his High School Musical days. There are also just not that many actors who are minors compared to young adults.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:09 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think pretty much the only good canon or semi-canon ships Kishi developed with reciprocated feelings was Shikamaru/Temaru and Jiraiya/Tsunade. Naruto did feelings for Hinata for ch. 700 but he barely interacted with her and those feelings were not thoroughly established. The 2 ships I mentioned here did. While Jiraiya did not interact with Tsunade as often, at least enough limited and reciprocated feelings was established for me to ship those 2.

True, but Tsunade never liked Jiraiya (though it's implied when he leaves to fight Pain). I also kinda like Sai/Ino personally, but besides that and Shikamaru/Temari, the ships range from weird (CK) to unfulfilling (NH) to downright disgusting (SS). Using abbreviations to avoid being attacked.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote
Gemnist, I think Tsunade did have feelings for Jiraiya for a long time, but she wasn't as good expressing. She also never got over her love for Dan. So, I she did love him but not as much as she should or could have.
Sakurafire_

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I swear, O-parts Hunter will get an anime any day now. Aaaaany day now.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it. I think if they left the original title, it would have likely sold more. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2