• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Man 11 Announced for Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CycloneJoker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

CycloneJoker wrote:

Given Capcom's recent business practises with SFV and MVCI,

Business practices or design philosophy?

CycloneJoker wrote:

their general uninterest in doing anything heavy with Megaman for the past like 10 years,

Anything heavy?

A little of both in relation to the first point, I suppose. As for the second, Mega Man has made a few sporadic cameo appearances in various places, but to my knowledge, this will be the first numbered Mega Man game in quite some time. They know he's there, and they tease us with him, but didn't do much else until now.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

It's a loose end that's gone on long enough and Capcom hasn't shown that they are going to continue the classic series on a yearly basis like they did back in the early 90s. The fans are sick of waiting for resolution and it's time that Capcom acknowledged once and for all whether they actually have the info that ties the two series together sitting in their office archives somewhere and whether they actually are willing to use it.

The only ties the classic and x storyline have is that X was created by Dr.Light with Zero being created by Wily. Anything else is basically speculation and conjecture that people treat as a loose end that must be tied up.....like Castlevania fans and Battle Of 1999

RafaelCalintz wrote:
They might cancel like last time, they put up so much hype and then cancel. I already went through 4 games like that. If it comes out, its a different thing. Heres hoping they don't. Mega man legends 3 wounds are still fresh, im still waiting for that demo!

Yeah Legends 3 was unique case I don't see them canceling this under the same circumstances.

CycloneJoker wrote:
They know he's there, and they tease us with him, but didn't do much else until now.

Given the sheer amount of megaman games that had a came out since the first (and the quality of some of them) Capcom probably figured to just pump the breaks and rethink things.

It's definitely nice 11 won't be stuck with dated looking 8 bit graphics like 9 and 10.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
If Capcom didn't have that bit of background narrative lying around somewhere, but their writers decided to come up with it now, would any of us know the difference?

But that's the issue here. There has been heresay whether Capcom does have the official timeline stashed in their office. They either do or they don't. If they do or don't and their writers choose to write in their own canon, we would have to treat it by the writer's end as the official timeline of events.
BadNewsBlues wrote:
The only ties the classic and x storyline have is that X was created by Dr.Light with Zero being created by Wily. Anything else is basically speculation and conjecture that people treat as a loose end to be tied up.....like Castlevania fans and Battle Of 1999

That we do know. But, it would still help to finally put this issue to rest. People don't want to be left hanging with a new Mega Man game every decade that only serves to bridge the gap just a bit more while leaving more speculation afoot.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
About time we moved on from 8-bit. It was getting tiresome.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Karasu-Lacryma wrote:
Please tell me these visuals are under development... I'm all for an HD sequel but not with backgrounds almost as bland as Mighty No. 9,,,

Here's a dead horse, but still haven't received my damned copy. As long as Comcept is not involved, I'm optimistic about anything.

Love Noein, btw.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Already looks better than Mighty No 9
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
If anything I'm happy that Inafune has nothing to do with this at all, really. As a big time Mega Man fan, while the Zero series was great in itself, things really got sour when you learn that Inafune sought to put Zero on a pedestal.

Totally excited for this. Who knows? I can't wait to see what happens with an X series game!!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
TheAnimeRevolutionizer wrote:
I can't wait to see what happens with an X series game!!

It's definitely something to think about. Next December will be the 25th anniversary of X's series in Japan.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Already looks better than Mighty No 9

My stick figure doodles look better than Mighty No 9.

No, not at all bitter over how long it took to get my Kickstarter rewards. Still haven't received the game 4 years later. I almost hope one of my friends just buys me the game for lolz for Christmas. Actually, that's a good idea. I think I'll do that for another friend who also supported the Kickstarter.

I'm looking forward to more Megaman. I miss the old bots. Seeing Rush again would make me happy.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 am Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:

Here's a dead horse, but still haven't received my damned copy.

Love Noein, btw.

Not even preorder items?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited to see the 8 new Robot Masters. Very Happy So far, all we've seen is Aztec Man.
Adv193

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
One one end good to try out 11, at least it won't be pre-Mega Man 3 gameplay like 9 and 10 were. Won't matter either way if Mega Man is the "only" playable character in the game.

Also for the X series, good to be using X, Zero, and Axl again.

One quick update confirms from Capcom Unity that the Legacy Collection Switch releases will be in Spring 2018 and the X series release is in Summer 2018.
megazero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am Reply with quote
Any new Mega Man is good at this point.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow. New Rockman and it just looks underwhelming. I'll stick with Armed Blue Gunvolt. It is the only thing I consider to be Rockman now since it is the true successor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2