• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America, Crunchyroll Reveal Kiznaiver Anime's English Dub Cast, Home Video Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxhate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
The only Aniplex title that I'd pay that amount for would be the Mushi-shi second season/specials/movie.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
But I thought people were saying it wouldn't get dubbed because it isn't popular in Japan. Actually people were saying this wouldn't get released at all. Ha, yeah right. For an anime this popular in the West, it would've been a stupid decision not to release at all.

This show wasn't that popular in the West. It did well enough on CR, but it paled in comparison to Kabaneri, Re:Zero, MHA and even Bungou Stray Dogs that season popularity-wise. Also, this release is pretty barebones. Not exactly what something that was super popular would be getting.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
I'm a little iffy on Ocean dubs but their later dubs have been more solid so I'll give it a chance.

A bit of a heads up but this dub looks to be primarily done at Blue Water since most of the cast are Calgary VAs. I personally don't mind them but I know a lot of people hate their past dubs and considering that recent Ocean dubs have been done at both studios with Vancouver getting most of the important roles, it's surprising to see the opposite happen here.

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
A very honest question: is it hard or expensive or time-consuming to include Spanish subs in the shows when they already subbed the show when originally streaming? Does anyone know about this?

More than likely its contractual restrictions and the emphasis is using Eng. subs. A good professional translation from [Language A] to [Language B] will be time-consuming and expensive.
levonr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:11 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Levonr wrote:
I'm a little iffy on Ocean dubs but their later dubs have been more solid so I'll give it a chance.

A bit of a heads up but this dub looks to be primarily done at Blue Water since most of the cast are Calgary VAs. I personally don't mind them but I know a lot of people hate their past dubs and considering that recent Ocean dubs have been done at both studios with Vancouver getting most of the important roles, it's surprising to see the opposite happen here.

I noticed that too when I saw Scott Roberts(loved him as Hiltz). If Carol-Anne Day was in this dub I'd be completely sold. Yeah Blue Waters dubs can be very weak at times but their last dub I heard(Viper's Creed) I thought was really great so I think they improved.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2