• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Trigger Announces 3 New Anime Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Somebody call Tim Curry. We need him voicing Kilokhan again.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Trigger... You had me at Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. Promare = must watch for me
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:12 am Reply with quote
I think that 'Squad thing was an error, 'cus ANN misread my e-mail which said Gridman was the inspiration for said show. I'm e-mailing them to get it right now.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
There is a Godzilla-related connection to the "Gridman" announcement. Tsurabaya Productions' namesake found, Eiji, was a co-creator of Godzilla. It would be nice if we saw a G-Man knock-off character for this show.
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I think that 'Squad thing was an error, 'cus ANN misread my e-mail which said Gridman was the inspiration for said show. I'm e-mailing them to get it right now.

"SSSS" was listed above the title in the visual Trigger shared at the presentation, and they mentioned what it stood for. I believe it's part of the title, like the article says.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't able to get into the Studio Trigger panel due to the huge crowd outside of the Platinum Ballroom, despite me getting there 75 minutes ahead of time. Good to know what they announced there, in that case.

I'm also glad to see Hiroyuki Imaishi is still working on something and what it will be. I'll look forward to that. With one exception, I've loved everything Imaishi has been heavily involved in, and he is my favorite person in anime at this moment.

Since I wasn't able to attend the event, is it pronounced "pro-mah-reh" or "pro-mair"?
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
digi: I'm not a lawyer, but I thought the Americanized title was exclusive to DiC, so...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Co-production with A-1 Pictures? Doesn't everyone think they're the worst studio in the industry? Now I'm morbidly curious.

Not even close. A-1 Pictures has produced some real crap (like virtually every other anime production company in existence) but they've also had hits like Sword Art Online, Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, and Black Butler. They've also done shows I really like, such as Wagnaria, World Conquest Zvezda Plot, Sound of the Sky, Occult Academy, Grimgar, Ashes & Illusions, ERASED, and Gate. Okay, I can't defend the quality of Gate, but I liked it, dammit.

To me, anybody who says A-1 is the worst studio in the industry sounds like a fanboy trying hard to seem like he knows something but not really having a clue.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

To me, anybody who says A-1 is the worst studio in the industry sounds like a fanboy trying hard to seem like he knows something but not really having a clue.

I would guess they probably follow a couple of specific YouTubers...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:02 am Reply with quote
Oh god, is that what it is? *facepalm* Well as the esteemed POTUS might tweet: sad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3