• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Resumes on June 26

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calico

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm happy that it's back! But I hope that Togashi can work out a schedule that won't aggravate his sickness this time. I keep on wondering if maybe chapters kept the same length, but releases became bi-weekly or monthly, it would be better for him.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Neat, get maybe a months of new chapters in!

In other news, Dragon Quest XI releases on July 29, 2017 in Japan! Can't wait to play the game myself (not sure if I should do 3DS or PS4 though, they look so different, decisions, decisions!)
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Darn. The Great Hiatus Arc is being put on hold, and it was just getting good again.

Just so people know, DQ XI releases on July 29 then DQ X releases on August 17 followed by the Switch version of X releases in September. You can do the math regarding when the GH arc returns.

11 releases before 10?
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Meh, he'll most likely release a volume's worth of chapters before taking another hiatus like he did the past 2 times he came back. We probably won't get much progress either, knowing Togashi he'll include even more setup before he will approach the rising action.
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
KH91 wrote:
Darn. The Great Hiatus Arc is being put on hold, and it was just getting good again.

Just so people know, DQ XI releases on July 29 then DQ X releases on August 17 followed by the Switch version of X releases in September. You can do the math regarding when the GH arc returns.

11 releases before 10?
DQ 10 is out since 2012.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Kuro_Senshii wrote:
Zeino wrote:
I hope they at least arrive at the Dark Continent before the next inevitable hiatus. Togashi really should take the example of what Akira Toriyama is doing with Dragon Ball Super. Write out an outline for what will happen in the plot and character dialogue and then let Madhouse animate it while he can catch up with the manga anytime he wants.

Why should he ruin Hunter x Hunter like what Toriyama did with Dragon ball Super?

What's wrong with DBS?
Ochinchinsama69

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more than satisfied if we even get 10 chapters per year. This shit is the greatest thing ever, so as along as I get anything from this masterpiece then I'm more than happy. If Togashi continues the Dark Continent arc then this arc might just be the greatest arc in fiction history.
And for the Anime only fans that keep complaining.. it would be fuckin amazing if the Anime continues, but if you're a true HunterxHunter and Togashi fan then you should be already aware of the circumstances. Togashi is physically incapable of doing it the same way he done it in the Yu Yu Hakusho manga days. At this point Togashi does it as long as he gets a kick out of it. The man is a legendary mangaka and is very content with his life, he does the Manga thing for fun, while still providing the best story telling in shounen. He gets the special treatment from jump because he earned it, and the sales of the HxH volumes are doing pretty damn well anyway even with all the hiatuses and "dying of hype" recently ranking second only to One Piece. which goes to show the dedication and support of his fans and that even unfinished and barely continuing it's still one of the most relevant.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I can't even take this news seriously. We all know what's gonna happen in a month or two.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Do you think we will ever get enough chapters for another arc in the Anime? Or is that finished now and we won't get anymore new content adapted until they do another re-adaptation happens.

Madhouse made the anime, so if there IS a sequel, expect it from another studio.
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Meh, he'll most likely release a volume's worth of chapters before taking another hiatus like he did the past 2 times he came back. We probably won't get much progress either, knowing Togashi he'll include even more setup before he will approach the rising action.
Indeed. The typical Togashi modus operandi is:

1. Not do anything for three years.
2. Get heckled by Shuiesha to produce enough content for a volume.
3. Do it.
4. Go back to hiatus.
5. Repeat this cycle ad infinitum.

Last edited by Chrysostomus on Wed May 31, 2017 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm betting 15 chapters and then another 2 year hiatus Laughing
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited! This is the first time he's come off a hiatus since I caught up. It'll be nice to see what following the series weekly is like. I echo the sentiments hoping we at least get to the Dark Continent before the next hiatus.

SWAnimefan wrote:
He needs to have someone take over drawing and he directs the story.

Togashi refuses to continue Hunter x Hunter unless he can do both the writing and art. Unless he changes his mind (which seems unlikely), we're stuck with this schedule. :/
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

This is... surprisingly insightful. Shocked
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
SWAnimefan wrote:

Togashi refuses to continue Hunter x Hunter unless he can do both the writing and art. Unless he changes his mind (which seems unlikely), we're stuck with this schedule. :/

And it's that pride of his that is costing him greatly.

Togashi could've handed over the drawing duties and made profit, enough to afford better medical care that could've fixed his problems.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
1dbad wrote:
SWAnimefan wrote:

And it's that pride of his that is costing him greatly.

Togashi could've handed over the drawing duties and made profit, enough to afford better medical care that could've fixed his problems.

Pretty sure he already has more than enough money to afford medical care. He was getting it sometime before the last serialization. Back problems aren't easily cured, or like at all usually. So not sure what it's costing him, god forbid he wants to work on his own series.

Chrysostomus wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Indeed. The typical Togashi modus operandi is:

1. Not to anything for three years.
2. Get heckled by Shuiesha to produce enough content for a volume.
3. Do it.
4. Go back to hiatus.
5. Repeat this cycle ad infinitum.

I think your only assuming the first two things.

SageModeKakarot wrote:
How long for this time?

i know Togashi wants to do it himself but if this keeps up he is never going to finish it, he needs to get some help either some one to work on backgrounds or for someone to take over the art completely while all he does is work on the story and character designs otherwise he might never be able to bring it to the end he wants

I don't know where this misinformation comes from, but Togashi does have assistants. He confirmed as much in his joint interview with Kishimoto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3