• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is 1/08 release of dvd #1 Kanon the old or new Kanon series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
RightStuf is showing a release date of January 2008 for volume 1 of Kanon, but it doesn't say if it's the old 13-episode Kanon or the new 24-episode Kanon. I asked them, but they said they weren't positive which it is. Does anyone know which version it is? I notice the newer version is so much more popular and that's the version I would like to get and not the older, but not knowing creates a dilemma! Thanks in advance if anyone know Smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
That is referring to the new Kanon series especially since they're using this cover. But on another note someone needs to fix the Encyclopedia entry since it says ADV has the old series.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
That is referring to the new Kanon series especially since they're using this cover. But on another note someone needs to fix the Encyclopedia entry since it says ADV has the old series.
And ironically, the entry for Kanon 2006 lists several of ADV's producers and VAs, yet has no "licensed by" company in the listings. But yes, ADV will be releasing the new version -- it'd be pretty silly to release the old one at this point, since it's a drama/romance/low-marketability titles with not-so-pretty animation. At least the new one has updated animation and the "From the studio that brought you Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Lucky Star" marketing angle. (I'm sure they'll say something like that, despite Kanon being dissimilar to all three of those series.)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I for one will be picking it up. I just finished watching it last week and was quite impressed by it. Especially the animation but the story was great too. At first I wasn't going to bother since it was from the same people who made Air, but I read some reviews that indicated this one wasn't as spoiler[soul-crushingly depressing and had a more uplifting ending.] Turned out to be extremely good.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

And ironically, the entry for Kanon 2006 lists several of ADV's producers and VAs, yet has no "licensed by" company in the listings.

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1