• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Sword Oratoria Anime, Plans Simulcast on Anime Strike

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zilan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
and then western streaming for anime started to suck. Back to being a pirate i guess until sentai and or amazon gets its head out of their ass
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote
The article doesn't mention Anime Network, yet nearly everything Sentai licenses ends up on there (in many cases, this is the only way to stream a dub of a Sentai show). Do we expect Sword Oratoria to show up there too?
SlamMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Is Anime Strike only available in the US? I can't find anything that says otherwise. If so there better be a way to watch this in Canada.
TasteyCookie

Thanks Sentai for making my decision easy. I will not watch this on Anime Strike and will not buy a single physical release from you again until you stop Exclusively licensing shows for Anime Strike.

I currently have 36 of their physical releases and will be happy to put my money elsewhere.
paulchaested

invalidname wrote:
The article doesn't mention Anime Network, yet nearly everything Sentai licenses ends up on there (in many cases, this is the only way to stream a dub of a Sentai show). Do we expect Sword Oratoria to show up there too?

Swiftyy wrote:

Quote:
HOUSTON, MARCH 29, 2017 – Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition takes you back to the dungeons of Orario with Sword Princess Ais Wallenstein and the mighty Loki Familia! The long-awaited spinoff series, Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, will simulcast in Spring 2017. The series will air exclusively on Anime Strike, the curated on-demand anime subscription from Amazon Channels.
904thehero1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
invalidname wrote:

Swiftyy wrote:

Quote:
HOUSTON, MARCH 29, 2017 – Sentai Filmworks’ newest acquisition takes you back to the dungeons of Orario with Sword Princess Ais Wallenstein and the mighty Loki Familia! The long-awaited spinoff series, Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, will simulcast in Spring 2017. The series will air exclusively on Anime Strike, the curated on-demand anime subscription from Amazon Channels.

But this article does not mention it being Exclusive...so where did that info come from?

This article says:

Quote:
The company plans to simulcast the series in the United States on Amazon's Anime Strike streaming service, with new episodes every Friday starting on April 14. The company is also planning a home video release.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm desperate at this point: Amazon, please dissolve Anime Strike and place anime on Prime instead. You'll get much less bitching that way. Sure, people will still pirate, but the percentage will be significantly lower. A lot of people have Prime because the damn good deals on shipping/music streaming service, and adding a solid anime simulcast service to basic Prime benefits would encourage membership.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Is It Wrong to Put High-Profile Shows Behind a Double-Paywall?
Koda89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Man the lengths Sentai will go to show how petty they are being over the whole CR/FUNi partnership. Laughing

I mean they will even allow one of their highest profile licenses of the year go off to die on the vine in the walled off garden of Anime Strike.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
[quote="904thehero1"]
Quote:
invalidname wrote:

But this article does not mention it being Exclusive...so where did that info come from?

This article says:

Quote:
The company plans to simulcast the series in the United States on Amazon's Anime Strike streaming service, with new episodes every Friday starting on April 14. The company is also planning a home video release.

http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-licenses-sword-oratoria-is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-on-the-side

Straight from Sentai's site.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
904thehero1 wrote:

This article says:

Quote:

*sighs* Sentai said so themselves that it is exclusive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
904thehero1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
904thehero1 wrote:

This article says:

Quote:

Saw that after posting this. Really sad. I still want a Danmachi S2, but I am not willing to spend for Prime (which I would never use enough to justify getting it), so the spin off is equally not worth spending the money. Oh well.

Still amazed Anime Strike is still a thing and Sentai promoting it too, or trying too.
904thehero1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
904thehero1 wrote:

This article says:

Quote:

Saw that after posting this. Really sad. I still want a Danmachi S2, but I am not willing to spend for Prime (which I would never use enough to justify getting it), so the spin off is equally not worth spending the money. Oh well.

Still amazed Anime Strike is still a thing and Sentai promoting it too, or trying too.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
904thehero1 wrote:

Sentai Filmworks are screwed after all, they won't be getting any high profile shows any longer, unless they luck out. The day CR announced they would start to distribute anime themselves, Sentai was kind of sentenced to a slow death, sort of.

And maybe Sentai want to be on good terms with Amazon, so they can get their hands on whatever Amazon gets, for example Re:Creators and Atom The Beginning.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I had Strike for like a week (the only thing I was watching was Scum's Wish and I have yet to finish it) and it really sucks for people who wanted to watch this series because they have to deal with Amazon's double pay nonsense.

Guess it's the novel only life for me (which is fine since that's how I consumed the main series).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5