• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Posts Violet Evergarden Novels' 2nd Anime Commercial

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
This looks WAY to good to be a TV series. Considering the sheer visual quality and the fact only 2 novels are out (so far), I'm willing to guess it would be a film. I guess I could watch it just for the pretty colors, since its a light novel adaptation I'll keep my expectations very low.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
This looks WAY to good to be a TV series. Considering the sheer visual quality and the fact only 2 novels are out (so far), I'm willing to guess it would be a film. I guess I could watch it just for the pretty colors, since its a light novel adaptation I'll keep my expectations very low.
The novel is only going to get 2 volumes.
However, pretty sure its going to be a TV series and not a movie since i heard that the stories in the novels are pretty episodic like Mushishi.
Via_01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
This has been in production for a while, it seems, which makes me pretty optimistic about the end result, time restraints being one of the main reasons why several shows end up looking bad by their last eps.

Also, yeah, it's a TV series. I've heard several things on the novels, most of them extremely possitive. I'm pretty excited about it.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:
The novel is only going to get 2 volumes.
However, pretty sure its going to be a TV series and not a movie since i heard that the stories in the novels are pretty episodic like Mushishi.

I just did some quick research and I stand corrected, it's much more possible for this project to be a TV series. It just astounds me that a studio could make a TV series with those kind of production values. That's the type of work I'd expect from a movie lol. Kudos to KyoAni on that account.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
^Whatever one thinks of the writing of their series, KyoAni has done very good work for years now least least in terms of production values (though this is probably their best work on that front). And they do it with fewer animators and animation directors!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:59 am Reply with quote
With only 2 volumes so far, then that means we could see a full cour. In terms of fan translations of the LN, I would imagine that someone has asked to do an owner/creator-approved translation. Actually, its seems I have read that more LN/WN translations are approved than fansubs/scanlations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2