• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Asia Premieres English Dub of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia, India on January 21

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
They totally missed an opportunity to let Ocean dub the show, and continue their tradition of handling the "international" dubs of DB. This could be very weird, since it's possible/likely they'll get actors like Kyle Hebert and Laura Bailey back for both dubs. Maybe they got Chris Sabat back too, and that's why he had a small role in One Punch Man. Razz

They could've also just partnered up with FUNimation or let Okatron 5000 do it, so there wouldn't be a second dub, but I guess it's not DB without it...
epicwizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Huh!? Bang Zoom! Entertainment is producing the dub for Southeast Asia? That's pretty unusual. You'd think that an ADR studio over in Southeast Asia would've dubbed it instead...
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
trunkschan90 wrote:
Some of the Funi actors live in LA, I wonder if they'll be in this dub too.

If they are then this will be the most hilarious thing since the Rurouni Kenshin TV dubs Laughing
Oh God. Don't remind me. Every time I see Rurouni Kenshin on a streaming service I can never be sure what dub it is.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
Alright everyone please do not respond to obvious troll posts. Just report them and move on and let the mods handle it instead of derailing things more. The troll posts and subsequent responses have been removed to keep this on topic. Thank you.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
I don't get why Toei didn't just have a studio like Animax do the English dub for SE Asia, as it's been done before. That is, Animax actor Dave Bridges has voiced Goku for an Animax "Dragon Ball" dub there. Also, it's cheaper for Toei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2