• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tite Kubo Returns to Twitter With Manga, Bleach Cosplay

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
One way or another, I was able to finish drawing it in 15 years! I'm very thankful to all of the people who read it.

Not so subtle statement about he was forced to rush the series to it's conclusion. Which is unfortunate. While the last arc wasn't the greatest, I don't hate it as much as most people. The final fight felt incredibly rushed and it really felt like their was a lot more planned. I mean....spoiler[Ishida's dad and Ichigo's dad showed up and practically did nothing. I think they were probably going to fight the giant Thor and Haschwalth. Ichigo vs. Yhwach was probably going to be a lot different as well.]
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
What could be Kubo's next big plan now that Bleach has ended is a good question indeed.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I hope Kubo does a new series at some point, for now he should take a well deserved rest
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:

Oh... so Kubo needs someone else to tell his story, because Shonen Jump won't let him apparently?
the way you say that makes it look like Kubo paid the dude 10 bucks to finish his series, they're side story's anyway and the guy writing the novels (forgot his name) probably likes Bleach
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
the way you say that makes it look like Kubo paid the dude 10 bucks to finish his series, they're side story's anyway and the guy writing the novels (forgot his name) probably likes Bleach

We meet again Mr. Nightster. It would be funny if that were the case wouldn't it? It's just kinda disappointing and maybe a little weird to see these side stories that are being written by others with his consent, while he couldn't even have the freedom to properly tie up loose ends in his own work.

spoiler[So I've heard that Shaz Domino guy was a creation of Gremmy, but got defeated by Kira in one of those side stories. It's funny how Kubo had that guy show up in the manga right before Ichigo got to Soul Society after Yamamoto was killed, only for him to never be seen again. It made me wonder if Kubo was ever going to show him in the manga again, and he didn't. It made me think that he forgot about one of his own characters, the same way Toriyama forgot about Launch in Dragon Ball.]
Shinuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:

Oh... so Kubo needs someone else to tell his story, because Shonen Jump won't let him apparently?

lol no, is just that Light Novels from these shonen series are always writen by other authors, not the original ones, at the most they supervise and draw the illustrations (Souma, Haikyuu, Black Clover, Naruto and etc..)
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's just kinda disappointing and maybe a little weird to see these side stories that are being written by others with his consent, while he couldn't even have the freedom to properly tie up loose ends in his own work.

It is odd, I wonder why Jump didn't put Bleach into another Jump magazine to finish. I guess Kubo did something to a higher up or a higher up was just mad at Kubo for some reason. I feel Jump might not be a good fit for Kubo style, I hope he get some rest and do something he enjoy.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kubo is undoubtedly happy and relieved that his popular series could reach his planned finish.

Oh ANN....That's low.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
No surprise he finds himself at such a loss given how he torched 15 years of work to the ground. I remember some 20 billion years ago he'd said he wanted to try fashion design after Bleach was over, I wonder if he's lost that interest since then.

Looking at the cosplay's Hollywood-grade quality, he may already be there.

valoon wrote:
I bet he play with Togashi

If he took up Splatoon instead, he could've played with the authors of My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, and...some other series I forgot. (Not Nisekoi though. That guy's into every Wii U multiplater release BUT Splatoon.)

theNightster wrote:
I hope Kubo does a new series at some point, for now he should take a well deserved rest

I personally feel that he is best off illustrating for somebody else. I don't know if he lost his way, the editors forced stuff down his throat, or he was never really that good to begin with, but the guy knows how to draw, and I would love to see what a manga written by someone really good and illustrated by him would look like.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="JDude042"]
KH91 wrote:
Kubo plays DQ? Hint at Togashi setting aside his pride to let Kubo draw HxH for him? They aren't doing anything currently. Might as well. Laughing

So... Kubo, Togashi, and Miura are all sleepover buddies, staying up late playing Dragon Quest, having pillow fights, and someone's mom makes them cookies and milk?
quote]

Don't forget Kishimoto, Matsui, Komi, and pretty soon Sorachi and Shimabukuro. They also invited Akimoto, but he decided to continue working...
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Man that is one of the best Kurotsuchi cosplay that I've ever seen so kudos to you Kubo. Cool
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
Where is his bankai?
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Maybe he can continue his previous manga before bleach, I remember enjoying it more then bleach.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
The final chapters were so damn dissapointing, left unfinished stories and were simply cliche'd, so I hope they were a result of the publishers' hastiness.
ew121

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
XerneasYveltal wrote:
What could be Kubo's next big plan now that Bleach has ended is a good question indeed.

He might continue Zombie Powder since he did say that he planned on doing it back then.

Of course, maybe he's not allowed to but at least he had some interest before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3