• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lovely Muco's Real-Life Counterpart Gets Photo Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Omggggg Shibas are so daamnn cute! I need to get one Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
To bad they are not cheap. Around $600-1000 for a puppy.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
To bad they are not cheap. Around $600-1000 for a puppy.

Yeah man. Purebred pups are not cheap..lol. My mom paid $1600 for our beagle...
Zunda-mochi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
Adopting a Shiba might be a better idea, if there are rescue shelters for them (and a cheaper option then actually buying one, in my opinion).

The anime was really funny and cute, and now I have to follow this real-life Muco's twitter to see more cute and funny moments of them (and to also just stare at her owner's glass workshop since I love seeing those kinds of backgrounds of artists and their workplace).
Vee-Tee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Zunda-mochi wrote:
Adopting a Shiba might be a better idea, if there are rescue shelters for them (and a cheaper option then actually buying one, in my opinion).

The anime was really funny and cute, and now I have to follow this real-life Muco's twitter to see more cute and funny moments of them (and to also just stare at her owner's glass workshop since I love seeing those kinds of backgrounds of artists and their workplace).

You know, I've been around SPCA shelters and there are SO MANY dogs that are there because some idiot thought they "looked so cute" because they saw them on the Internet or in a film and thought they had the time/funds/ability to train a dog. I mean, seriously.

Pugs that have tonnes of medical problems. Bulldogs with joint conditions who are in pain and wind up snapping at children. Huskies who are noisy and were never taken out for their requisite long walks. Akita and Shiba Inus who were given away since they couldn't be given extra time for training because of the owner's other commitments. Irish Wolfhounds and Great Danes who die at the age of 5 because they've been bred to be too large and they wind up with a million and one health problems, and get given to the shelter because the owner realises they wouldn't be able to deal with the eventual heartbreak. Sad

Sorry to go off topic with ranting, but yeah. I love Shiba Inu but I know I could never get one. It's such a shame when you love dogs and you just see so many who want homes, who are just there (and possibly may not come out) because of irresponsible owners who didn't plan ahead for the commitment that a dog actually takes. All because they saw a cute photo on the Internet or a performing animal in a movie.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
So doge
Much serious
Beware I bark
This pot I protect

Wow !
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I agree that's a cute dog. Smile Looking at this just makes me smile and glad to be alive. Again,that's just plain cute.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think this beautiful breed is overrated. I am more of an Akita Inu/American Akita person. While the Shiba is the most registered breed in Japan (as wella as the most registered native Spitz breed), the Akita/American Akita has more AKC registrations here than the Shiba does. Also, thanks to Hachiko, the Akita is the most famous Japanese dog breed.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Just to make sure everybody's clear, doge is a different shiba named "Kabosu" and owned by a kindergarten teacher.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1