• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Haikyu!! Season 3 is Most Anticipated Fall 2016 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, next seasons sequels are on fire it seems topping both this poll and the charapedia one

+ 光 wrote:
BTW, won't ANN share the number of voters with us?

That's a good mention actually, it would be nice to see how many people voted, gender ratio, etc.
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
some of you guys were saying Iron-blooded Orphans was popular with ladies, well that doesn't seem like that the case Laughing then again from the looks of season 2 the show has been going for more hard core guy stuff so that understandable.

I agree and disagree. Confused

I'm a girl, and I voted Drifters and Gundam. I would've thrown my third vote towards Yuri (as I'm also a figure skater and love the idea of a figure skating anime like this), but as I've seen the promo and art I've been slowly growing distant. I'll definately try it, for the sake of it being figure skating, but it's not on the level as my hype for Gundam/Drifters is anymore.

I noticed a while ago lost of sequels appear to be coming out next season, almost all of which I haven't seen (Gundam being the only one.) I dropped Bungou in Spring, I haven't watch Haikyuu and Ajin, nor Prince-sama. While there's a few shows (Classicaloid, Flip Flappers,) that seem interesting, I probably, sadly, won't end up watching them. Next season is gonna be pretty quiet for me, versus the Summer/Spring where I watched quite a handful for both.
[/spoiler][/quote]
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed that Magic of Stella didn't make the top 20. Guess there aren't that many people on ANN anticipating the next slice of life anime from the Non Non Biyori staff.

Pleased that Sangatsu and Hibike S2 made it though. Definitely looking forward to them.
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
dark13 wrote:
some of you guys were saying Iron-blooded Orphans was popular with ladies, well that doesn't seem like that the case Laughing then again from the looks of season 2 the show has been going for more hard core guy stuff so that understandable.

I agree and disagree. Confused

I'm a girl, and I voted Drifters and Gundam. I would've thrown my third vote towards Yuri (as I'm also a figure skater and love the idea of a figure skating anime like this), but as I've seen the promo and art I've been slowly growing distant. I'll definately try it, for the sake of it being figure skating, but it's not on the level as my hype for Gundam/Drifters is anymore.
Oh I know there are girls who Love Gundam Very Happy I'm just going by the demographic list here IBO didn't appear in the female list
WingKing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
Next season is gonna be pretty quiet for me, versus the Summer/Spring where I watched quite a handful for both.

I thought it was going to be the same for me. Eupho 2 and Sangatsu no Lion were the two shows I was looking forward to the most (and the two I voted for in the poll), plus continuing on with Bungou and Kaitou Joker, and for a long time I thought that'd be it - a nice, light, four show season. But then I find out that Twin Star Exorcists is a yearlong show, Vivid Strike gets announced (anything Nanoha-verse is must-watch for me), and Miss Bernard Said looks like it could be right in my wheelhouse, plus I at least have to try Long Riders and Magical Girl Raising Project even if I don't have high hopes for either, and suddenly my calendar is packed with nine shows, which is a lot more than I usually watch. So much for a nice, light season.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:
Uh, I thought more people would be hyped for the Working!! spin off.

We already got the perfect ending, so I'm good. I'll be watching it, but it's all new characters in a slightly new setting, so it'll have to prove itself.

dark13 wrote:
Wow for once I actually agree with ANN readers, they have very good taste in anime also some of you guys were saying Iron-blooded Orphans was popular with ladies, well that doesn't seem like that the case Laughing then again from the looks of season 2 the show has been going for more hard core guy stuff so that understandable.

Yeah, that is actually a little surprising. I checked the charapedia poll, where I assumed it did a little better, but it's pretty similar over there. I guess this one is just resonating with the guys a little more for some reason. I figured Okada and Nagai would appeal to a pretty gender neutral audience.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
I like Iron Blooded Orphans, and not for the giant robot battles. The character writing and plot are good, the soundtrack is excellent, and it has the best depiction of an actual harem in anime!...maybe it's that last thing throwing the girls off. Wink Or maybe it's the 3 show vote limit? I've not seen Haikyu, Bungou Stray Dogs, or that melancholy youkai show, IBO and Euphonium are the only sequels I'm planning to watch, and I didn't feel strong enough about Euphonium to vote for it.

Glad Yuri on Ice is hotly anticipated, hope it lives up to the hype.
+ 光

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
or that melancholy youkai show

Haha that's a funny way to describe it, since it's true, but in a good way xD

Ah, I was just thinking there weren't any fan-service-y light novel/manga adaptions this season, but then I remembered Keijo!! and...Okusama ga seitoukaichou+? (probably spelt that wrong, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) Luckily there's no high school harem battle type-show this season, right? Right? I think the people always complaining about that should appreciate it this season!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:19 am Reply with quote
Only one of my top three picks made the list and that's Keijo!!!!!!!! although Brave Witches did score a lot higher than I would have thought which is my fourth most anticipated fall 2016 Anime. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2