• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2016 Berserk Anime Listed at 12 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Is this English dubbed?
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Maybe they decided to cut down on the number of episode, any idea what the reception is looking like in japan?

Not good at all. And I can understand it. I'm not following the anime anymore, Manga is life.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I just hope Japanese fans are making the reasons for their displeasure known in no uncertain terms. When something like this happens, I always worry the production committees will think "Oh, guess people aren't interested in this story anymore," rather than "Oh, well, I guess we screwed it up. We should try again with a different approach."

I feel the same way with poorly written ballot propositions - I want the changes the proposition is trying to make, but I can't vote for all the unintended consequences the ambiguous wording will create, and I'm afraid legislators will think that means I'm against the whole idea. :/
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be better if this abomination would just burn to the ground right now, but better to cut it short than continue the suffering. Just focus on the manga please instead and then make an anime adaptation from start to finish once the manga is finished. Party time!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
That's still 10 episode to long, if you ask me. What's a man gotta do to get a decent, well animated Berserk anime? Do I have to get my own Behelit? Cause at this point I'd sacrifice everyone who made this abomination to the God Hand.

I was under the impression the Behelit only worked if you sacrificed people you value not people you have contempt or spite for.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, I was hoping I could get around that by loving the creators of this anime for giving me the chance to sacrifice them? No? .... worth a try.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
I think it would be better if this abomination would just burn to the ground right now, but better to cut it short than continue the suffering. Just focus on the manga please instead and then make an anime adaptation from start to finish once the manga is finished.

Which may not be for another 15 years or ever depending on what Miura does or doesn't do.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Either the anime really isn't doing well and they canceled everything beyond episode 12, or they will be airing the second half this winter (i.e. split-cour). This, or Universal Pictures was simply wrong about the episode number.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I say find the man or men responsible for deciding that this anime needed to be in a CG style, sacrifice them using a Behelit. Laughing

I get that it's a joke and one that goes over my head since I've never watched or read anything of Berserk, but I removed a bit of the last portion of the comment. --willag
Souther

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I think they were simply wrong about the episode number, like I said before, the producer already stated the episode count before it was officially broadcast.

As for the Japanese's reception to the series, more or less the same if people's translations of Japanese twitters and whatnot are anything to go by; complaints about the visuals, animation and cut material. Some like it too. Hilariously enough, there's a Japanese blog out there translating the reception it's getting from Reddit and MAL.

JDude042 wrote:
snip

Calm down Femto lol.
Echii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Thats bad news, I was hopping to be at least 2 cours

Also, I don't give damn about CGI/visuals. I don't find the visuals that bad and it does not have big impact on my enjoyment. for me Berserk is probably one of the best if not best anime of this year.
Elric_Edward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
If it is ending this soon I guess I now longer have to worry about it potentially dragging on and will watch it; then again cliffhanger ending garbage is still possible.
The thread in general wrote:
this CGI crap

I wonder what qualifies as good CGI for TV anime standards around here.

Ajin?!
Sidonia?!

The berserk anime looks atrocious
nubguy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed this isn't getting 2 cours. 12 episodes is simply not enough to tell a Berserk story.
bastek66

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Elric_Edward wrote:

Ajin?!
Sidonia?!

The berserk anime looks atrocious

Ajin and Sidonia (outside mecha) also look atrocious. Sanzigen and Orange make bearable/decent cgi.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
This has been confirmed to be a 12 ep. show since ep.2 Thank Zodd! I may have to vote for this crap in the "worst 5 of 2016" poll, unless the hate-crime-worty pr0n count keeps increasing. My 3/10 Imdb review is linked, i still don´t have to change one word... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5847454/reviews-1
@bastek66 Ajin and Sidonia look awesome, only the scripts suck. The crap CG is hardly the worst problem too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4