• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GoHands' Hand Shakers Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Cast, January Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
The pv looks interesting but I feel this is going to suffer the same issue as K did. The way it's stylized and everything the banding is gonna be so bad watching it on CR and the likes will make it hard to see what is going on with the fragmentation of the video.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
So that's where all the money they got with K has gone to, huh. I find it quite strange for them to go with all female/male pairings, considering the reason why people watched K in the first place... But even then they always tried to get some ecchi going, guess they just like it that much. That being said, although the visuals are neat, the characters look bland and generic, so i'll pass.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm REALLY excited for another GoHands project, they're always so gorgeous. This must be why they haven't put a release date on K: Seven Stories. I'm not too fond of all the young characters though. The synopsis is giving me a MaiHime feel, I wonder what would happen if their partner died.

I understand if K isn't some people's cup of tea but this general consensus that it's all beauty and no substance is saddening. K had some really endearing characters and friendships, the ending of the first season was the first time I cried that hard for a show, because of a certain incident. And the idea of the 7 kings was a pretty novel idea to me.
Eira

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
K had some really endearing characters and friendships,

I enjoyed K too (enough to check out the manga and the novels), and I don't think it lacked substance even though it definitely had its flaws. This new project looks very similar when it comes to the animation, though it probably won't have the same writers. The info says nothing about GoRA being involved in this. Still, I'm looking forward to it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
So is it right to assume all the parings so far are male-female ones?

Overcompensating for K, I guess??

Considering there's more females involved in the action than freakin' K, that would compensate it. Overcompensating it would mean there's also female-female pairings. Surprised
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
ill definitely watch it. Though it looks like we are gonna get some 5fps action sequences
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:25 am Reply with quote
With that choice of little boy main character, I can already say it's gonna flop and well deserved.
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
With that choice of little boy main character, I can already say it's gonna flop and well deserved.

What bothers me more are the little girls, but hey, that's just a personal thought.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Overcompensating it would mean there's also female-female pairings. Surprised

Now, if these were female-female pairings it would be a must watch for me to be honest. Razz
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:
Holy! That's gorgeous! It's like a combination of K and guilty crown

I could definitely get behind that.

GoHands set a crazy precedent with K, so I'm amazed by this promo that it appears they're trying to outdo themselves. If nothing else, this show is gonna be wall-to-wall eye candy.

The concept of the paired teams is intriguing, since they're not only psychically but also physically linked, and any time a series purports to involve [a] God is one I'll keep my eye on.

Last edited by Ashen Phoenix on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
^
Yeah, lots of potential in this.

msvitch wrote:
Holy! That's gorgeous! It's like a combination of K and guilty crown

Yeah, the eye-candy in this looks like it's going to be insane!

This studio really does have a unique look to their works.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Wonder Twins powers, activate!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2