• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End in 74th Volume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoMo990066

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read Bleach since the Final arc started (after a few chapter in I got board). I will read the final chapter just for the heck of it.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I've read the Manga on and off, but I was a huge bleach fan so sad its ending. Question: I dont read One Piece but how long do you think it is before that one finally comes to a end also?
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
jrockfreak wrote:
I've read the Manga on and off, but I was a huge bleach fan so sad its ending. Question: I dont read One Piece but how long do you think it is before that one finally comes to a end also?

I would be very surprised if it didn't last at least 5 more years, but the endgame plot did suddenly take some big steps forward.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
johan.eriksson.9003 wrote:
jrockfreak wrote:

I would be very surprised if it didn't last at least 5 more years, but the endgame plot did suddenly take some big steps forward.

I read an article that said that perhaps possibly 10 years could be the end of One Piece but recent developments are doubtful it'll last that long as there's a change of the guard at WSJ and I doubt long runners are gonna be a thing for much longer.
CelestialEmpress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Ziko577 wrote:

I read an article that said that perhaps possibly 10 years could be the end of One Piece but recent developments are doubtful it'll last that long as there's a change of the guard at WSJ and I doubt long runners are gonna be a thing for much longer.

They may not personally like long runners, but OP is their golden goose. They're not stupid enough to kill it off unless they just actively hate money.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
What change of the guard at WSJ?
Videogamep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Ziko577 wrote:

Unlikely. In the first half of this year alone, One Piece (#1 in sales) sold about 2 million more volumes than Assassination Classroom (#2 in sales). It sold almost as many volumes as Attack on Titan and One Punch Man put together. One Piece isn't going to end until Oda decides to end it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
I'm disappointed. This arc has been extremely entertaining; it's the best the series has been in ages and I hate to see it end. But that aside, this is the definition of rushed. There's absolutely no way that every loose end is going to be 100% finished in the span of 7 chapters or less. I just don't see things ending in a way that will satisfy the readers in the least.

Last edited by SailorNaruto on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:27 am Reply with quote
At this point I'm wondering if we get a full non-ending. Just stops.
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this announcement for a long time. Kubo said 5 years ago that it only had about 3 years left. He's been milking this shit for way too long. It was a good manga about 7 years ago. After that, it's been slowly declining and has turned into the terrible series it is now. I'm honestly surprised they didn't make him finish it sooner. It's been in the bottom of the ratings in jump for well over a year and a half now and it's honestly just sad and how badly Kubo tied his story together. He's just not fit for a long story like this I guess.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Called it. I've always said Kubo will stall and timewaste as much as possible until his editors get sick of him and tell him he has 5 chapters left to finish this. And it will end up horribly rushed, despite years of really slow pacing. Feel sorry for the fans that have stood by him and so vehemently defended the series, particularly after the anime was cancelled and Bleach slipped away in popularity and sales. They at least deserved a satisfactory ending that offered closure, and they wont get it. Well, at least I will have managed to last till the end reading it, lord knows I've wanted to quit many times in these three years since I've been up to date.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I would just like to remind all the people hating on this series that has remained in WSJ for so long because of the huge fanbase and is currently above others in the rankings that all the previously mentioned 'loose ends' are completely irrelevant considering a huge majority of them are given an open minded wrap up and all the hate on the fullbringers and parents not being seen is just rediculous anyone who actually follows this series instead of just hating on it can see with absolute clarity that they will play a huge role in the upcoming chapters.

there are a few perfectly satisfying endings that can occur, although predictable.

Also to all those who hate on the anime because of the fillers I would also like to remind that the author of a manga/anime has no official input on these episodes and cant really do much about them the fault is held by the animation company for either planning their episode releases very poorly as happened with bleach or wanting to earn more money from a series knowing that they will because the fans want to know what happens. for reference to this you can take a good hard look at the train-wreck that Naruto shippuden has turned in to with 450+ episodes and a finished manga meaning the anime can end anytime it likes but they continue to release filler ever week to the fans disappointment.

PS. sorry about the bad grammar haven't studied English as first language for over 10 years now and was quite young when stopped.

[/spoiler]Anyone wandering about some of these 'loose ends'
Yes in the majority opinion Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto, when he first met her she had no name meaning he assigned one or 'learnt' it

fullbringers we're reintroduced today to restore ichigos zanpakuto through unconventional methods
ninjageaux

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
5 more chapters left...

I think there will be the standard 10 chapters for Volume 74 giving more time for the plot holes to be filled in and it will end one episode short of Naruto at 699. It could go to 700 exactly if they want to leave something open for a movie to finish everything in that format. Either way, I doubt after reading 691, it will finish at 694 on the dot. I really want them to bring the Anime back now that they have plenty of cannon and don't need to use any filler material. I also want to see what happens to the group of friends when they grow up and are full adults or what happens after one of the "humans" like Ishida, Orihime, Ichigo or Chad after they pass away. Do they remember there life before the Soul Society? Do they become part of the Soul Society or get thrown in the Ghetto with no memories and no shoes lol, kidding.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
Orra wrote:
Man this is being rushed. Just like Naruto. There's way too many plot points that need to be addressed as well as the 1000 year war flashback. This might end even more misconstrued than Naruto. No way Ywach can be defeated in 5 16-17 page long chapters.

Naruto had properly planned ending that was announced by Kishimoto more than a year before it has happened, there was nothing rushed about it. Kishimoto has explained all of the mysteries, got readers to the very roots of Naruto's world creation.

As to Kubo, I think he is probably the most amazing artist/designer of our time, but he is bad as storyteller. A girl gets kidnapped to get rescued by her friends, repeated more than once, and that is it. As others wrote above, I wish Kubo collaborated with proper writers to develop his ideas; then Bleach could have been among the elite mangas.

voltwaffle wrote:
Is it actually going to fully end or are they gonna just pull out a "new" manga like Kishimoto did with Boruto.

Unfortunately for Kubo the lack of success of Bleach in the last few years and the very fact that it was axed got things to the level where would make no sense to do spin-offs, or anime, or anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7