• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End in 74th Volume

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CelestialEmpress

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
That was also a great story/string of chapters.

Mayuri fought a giant hand for several months. I will go to my grave scorning that.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Orra wrote:
Man this is being rushed. Just like Naruto. There's way too many plot points that need to be addressed as well as the 1000 year war flashback. This might end even more misconstrued than Naruto. No way Ywach can be defeated in 5 16-17 page long chapters.
all we can do is blame the editors as Jump, I hear Kubo and them didn't have a good relationship, all we can hope is that the chapters are longer then usual but that could be just wishful thinking. it's a shame because I thought this arc was really good for the most part (don't throw rocks please) and I've been with this series for years and I don't want it to end like shit just like the train wreck that is Naruto

Looks to me like Kubo overstayed his welcome. Perhaps he may do better if he went to Kodansha, there are lots of manga artists who have produced series for different publishers.

Just glad to see that this nightmare is going to be over SOON. It was a good run in the beginning, but simmered out in the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
CelestialEmpress wrote:
Mayuri fought a giant hand for several months. I will go to my grave scorning that.

I found it to be the series in full-on "this is the end" mode; surviving and thriving on exhaustive creativity. The fact that Mayuri has a ridiculously over-thought out backup plan for everything is part of the joke, and each chapter had Pernida slowly getting smarter. Add the emotional beats with Nemu and you pretty much have the most entertaining fight since the Arrancar arc(or Komamura's in this arc, or Rukia's...).
War_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's time to fade into oblivion, eh, Tite? I really loved the series, but I stopped following it after the fullbringer arc or whatever. It's sad to see the series get kicked to the curb again once again but now with the manga...
War_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's time to fade into oblivion, eh, Tite? I really loved the series, but I stopped following it after the fullbringer arc or whatever. It's sad to see the series get kicked to the curb again once again but now with the manga...
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap that is WAY too soon. There's just no way he's wrapping it all up in 5 chapters, especially with how the latest one ended, what the hell?! I can't believe WSJ really axed it while allowing Toriko to continue. I'm so disappointed to hear that. I dislike this arc as much as anyone else, but at least I wanted proper conclusions for the characters and now it's clear we won't have them.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Actually, if one were to look at just in-series pacing, Toriko was on track to end way before Bleach. Now there's a fair possibility that the two, along with Nisekoi, all end in the next round, unless Toriko and/or Nisekoi suddenly slam the brakes hard.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
New Bleach anime in 2017
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere wrote:
Actually, if one were to look at just in-series pacing, Toriko was on track to end way before Bleach. Now there's a fair possibility that the two, along with Nisekoi, all end in the next round, unless Toriko and/or Nisekoi suddenly slam the brakes hard.

I don't read Nisekoi so I don't know about its pacing, but I checked out the last two or three chapters and I can't see that one running for more than two, maybe three more chapters. Bleach was definitely heading to its final conclusion already, and WSJ let Kubo drag the finale out for this long, why suddenly drop the axe when it would've ended on its own in one more quarter at most is completely beyond me. I also find it weird that Shueisha will let so many of its big hits finish at the same time. If Toriko does end soon (and I'll be upset if it doesn't, since its sales are half of Bleach's and it has abysmal rates in the magazine), which big hitters will they have left? One Piece, Haikyuu, Hero Academia and ShokuSoma. Currently none of their other titles are selling over 150K. It's a puzzling decision.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
New Bleach anime in 2017

as much as I would love to see a return, I seriously doubt it
Somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Bleach getting axed is a head scratcher for sure. Toriko wouldn't be too big a loss now though; World Trigger's already overtaken it anyway.
At least, Toriko should end soon; either the upcoming round, or the one after. It's currently in what should be the final battle, and it very noticeably rushed to get to this point.
Cetais

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere wrote:
Bleach getting axed is a head scratcher for sure. Toriko wouldn't be too big a loss now though; World Trigger's already overtaken it anyway.
At least, Toriko should end soon; either the upcoming round, or the one after. It's currently in what should be the final battle, and it very noticeably rushed to get to this point.
Toriko and Nisekoi are the two next WSJ ending, I guess.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't really know how to feel about this, on one hand, I'm sad because this was the only long running Shonen Jump series I stuck with for any length of time. But after Fullbringer is when it went downhill and I hoped it got better until spoiler[Gremmy] got introduced then I was like "nope this si just too stupid" and bailed. I don;t think it's going to be a good ending it may close some stuff up but it's long been past it's prime.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
There's no denying that this series has been riddled with issues, but I was honestly shocked to see this article. Some people are saying that there's only 5 chapters left before the manga is finished? If that's true, then that is way too soon to tie up all the loose ends and unexplained things in this series, and if that worst possible outcome comes to pass, then I will honestly laugh out loud. I guess that's what you get Kubo for making such a huge cast of characters, not putting enough focus on the main characters, and putting too much focus on the minor characters. Somewhere along the way, the manga became more about dragging out one fight after another for a few months just to show off what each character's abilities are, rather than moving the plot along at a more swift pace and explaining the lore of the Bleach universe. Which I also find funny too, considering Ichigo is supposed to be the main character, but I swear maybe just a year or two ago, it might have been an entire year without even seeing Ichigo in the manga and all the focus was being put into fights involving the Captains of the Gotei 13 and what not.

Hey Kubo! Remember when you tried to make Orihime somewhat relevant by having Aizen notice her for her power which he considered to be god-tier, only for you to completely drop said plot point and make it completely irrelevant and never mentioned again? What was up with that anyways? Not gonna explain that one? I could literally write a massive list of plot points and details that still need to be tied up or haven't been explained, but probably won't if there's really only 5 chapters left.

List of Loose Ends That Need to Be Tied Up/Explained
spoiler[
Clearly wanted to make Orihime and Sado main characters at the beginning, but then just shat all over both of them, even when trying to make Orihime relevant again, then taking a big dump all over her one last time.
Tousen's backstory was never fully explained.
Aizen's backstory/motives not explained.
Never got to see Aizen's bankai.
Rangiku's past involving whatever Aizen did to her that angered Gin.
Top ranking Espada is sitting in limbo somewhere.
Unohana's bankai was never explained.
What of Komamura?
Is Soi Fong just chilling out somewhere?
What of the Fullbringers?
What of Ginjou's backstory and relevance?
What of Nel, Urahara, Grimmjow, Yoruichi, and etc?
What the hell was the point of Yoruichi's brother bringing that weapon for her if she's not even gonna get to use it?
What of the Zero Division? Are they dead? Were they killed off screen to just be forgotten about?
What of Robot Chicken and his clones back down in Soul Society?
What of Cyborg Kira?
What of Chair-sama?
Is Ukitake just laying face down and dead in a puddle? Never got to see his bankai.
What of Shinji's bankai?
What of Isshin's bankai?
What of Isshin and Ryuuken?
What of Sado and Ganju?
Hitsugaya's adult transformation?
For Kubo to have went to so much trouble of showing off and explaining nearly every single Sternritter's Schrift, we never got to see BG9's "K" Schrift, nor Robert Accutrone's "N" Schrift.
Does Yhwach still have the medallion with the ability to use Yamamoto's bankai?
What is the Soul King? Who is he? Since we were led to believe that he/it is a sentient being, what were his motives? Why were pieces of him scattered about that grew into their own entities?
What of Giselle Gewelle's gender disorder? (Scratch that, Yhwach killed him/her, but it's still an unexplained plot point in the series. Why even put it in the story if it's not gonna be brought up again or explained? Just for the shock factor and then everyone stops caring a minute later? I guess another instance of Kubo wanting to do something, but never went anywhere with it.]

See what I mean? It could go on for fricking ever.

Not that I should be comparing Bleach to One Piece, but I swear when I read both each week, it seems like so little happens in a Bleach chapter compared to a One Piece chapter. Kubo wasted too much time, and now it's come back to bite him in the ass. Kubo, you were doing a smash up job at the beginning, but progressively went downhill and now you've completely blown it. Ultimately, you have failed and now Bleach will be forever ingrained into our brains as a series that started off strong, then ended in mediocrity as one big joke of the internet.

Last edited by JDude042 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:05 am; edited 4 times in total
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Now it will be known as the big One...Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7