• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter × Hunter Manga Goes On Indefinite Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
Togashi most likely doesn't care anymore or doesn't have the will to produce on the schedule that the industry expects.

He's embarrassing himself by not passing the HxH series production to others.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 am Reply with quote
Don't you all understand? He's doing it for the meme. At this point the meme consumed the last bit of humanity in togashi.
Desertking22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
Sooo question, I admit I do like the series....but is it worth reading and buying? I love to buy/collect the manga because usually I love it regardless. The issue is this guy keeps going on hiatus when I feel like wanting to start collecting it.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
Desertking22 wrote:
Sooo question, I admit I do like the series....but is it worth reading and buying? I love to buy/collect the manga because usually I love it regardless. The issue is this guy keeps going on hiatus when I feel like wanting to start collecting it.

Is it worth reading? Yes. Is it worth buying? If you're fine with having a "Take what you get" attitude towards the series, go ahead if you're not put off by the fact that the series is in a limbo regarding its release schedule. I say read the online scans of the manga first before you decide if it's worth your money. I wouldn't throw my money blindly into something without at least testing the waters first. Just don't expect an ending in sight anytime soon, perhaps even in our lifetimes at this rate.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last "indefinite hiatus" that one from 2010-2012? So we'll get new chapters in 2018. Yay! And then another hiatus after 6 chapters.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
So can he not get some serious treatment for his back pains or something because given how long some of his hiatuses are, it's not like he doesn't have the time for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
I just laughed lol.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:10 am Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
So can he not get some serious treatment for his back pains or something because given how long some of his hiatuses are, it's not like he doesn't have the time for it.

It really depends on the cause of the chronic back pain. In the end it may just end up being something he has to live with for the rest of his life. Hopefully not, but there are plenty of people that do.

Gasero wrote:
Togashi most likely doesn't care anymore or doesn't have the will to produce on the schedule that the industry expects.
He's embarrassing himself by not passing the HxH series production to others.

Why don’t you just call him a liar and that every tweet and post he has made was a fabricated lie. If he has a chronic painful medical problem, then he is not embarrassing himself. And if he is telling the truth, perhaps the industry is taking care of their ailing mangaka (or you can take the cynical approach, and say he is a cash cow no matter how much he produces), and forgives him for not being able to produce consistently. And perhaps his true fans are, understanding also.

JDude042 wrote:
I understand he wants to do everything himself, but one man can only do so much, especially someone who is apparently in poor health as he is, so his actions come across as extremely selfish and non-caring towards the fans. No wonder he gets as much as hate as he does. I'm surprised a legion of fans don't assemble together and march towards his home carrying pitchforks and torches. I'd be pretty disgruntled too if my favorite series kept getting treated like some fleeting past time.

I think you have that turned around. It should be, extremely selfish and non-caring fans don't care about the mangaka's personal health issues, and want to rip the series out of its creator's hands.
And if a legion of disgruntled fans descend on the creator's house to punish a man in chronic pain, I will hope they enjoy their time in a Japanese prison.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
And just like that, I got through this whole thing unscathed because I didn't read it. I haven't read the series since volume 25 and just going to continue waiting until there is an END in sight. While waiting there is plenty of other series to read and watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Levance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
I'm not even surprised anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Afezeria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Levance wrote:
I'm not even surprised anymore
I'm surprised you taken the time to create a new account just to make stupid post like this.
KENZICHI wrote:
I just laughed lol.
Let's see how you feel when everyone laughed at you for having a chronic back pain. Seriously, the mentality of some posters here is getting worse through some aspect, with the useless bantering against the Berserk trailer and all that in another page. Luckily, understanding group of people are still around, which make it better to continuously browse through the site. I just hope that the author can find some good rest and get himself healed again.
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
That's funny. As I was reading the latest chapter on Monday, I wondered to myself when he'd go on hiatus again. He didn't last long.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Damn, that has got to be some nasty back pain.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
My opinion is if Togashi really is crippled as the internet makes him about to be, sucks for him, but the way he's just treating Hunter x Hunter as some sort of past time that he can just do in small spurts on a whim is just making his fans extremely bitter and making people hate him all the more. It's causing many to lose faith in him, and making people think he doesn't care about the fans of the series, otherwise he would do his best to work with others in putting out more Hunter x Hunter on a more consistent basis.

I'm sorry, but this continued assumption is ridiculous. So where are getting this idea that he doesn't take it seriously? Just because he probably can't produce at the average rate just because others do, doesn't mean he doesn't care. Because if he didn't he would do what he did with Yu Yu Hakusho and just end it. He's said "I'll stop when its not fun anymore", so apparently he's still having fun, he just can't do it because of his condition. A condition that according to him in interviews, is something he was experiencing back during Yu Yu. He was just you know, 20 something years younger then.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
{Edit} I have removed your rude and ignorant insult. ~ Psycho 101
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7