• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Saikyō Card Battle Free-to-Play 3DS Game Launches July 6 in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I really wish it wasn't free to play. I'd rather pay 40 euro for a complete thing than having to pay a set number for a booster pack. This is the same way they killed their online PC game and the PS4 game.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
The original and true jacket cape is being shown off.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Konami can't recover from this and they took the coward's route as their PV has comments and likes/dislikes disabled like the tyrants they are, they sold us loyal gamers out to prey on the vulnerable and dumb to get a quick yen. They need to leave the gaming industry.
Souther

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
kurowa-san wrote:
I really wish it wasn't free to play. I'd rather pay 40 euro for a complete thing than having to pay a set number for a booster pack. This is the same way they killed their online PC game and the PS4 game.

I haven't played the PC one, but Legacy of the Duelist (the PS4) at least gave you plenty of cards to work with before they started doling out DLC. You could make a variety of decks without DLC and have a good time. Plus if you wanted a specific non-DLC card, you had a chance of randomly getting it by buying their related pack with your in-game points. Decades/Plus and Millennium Duels made you pay for the games themselves then split good cards, even basic staples, across loads of DLC packs.

As an extra kick in the teeth, unlike Legacy where DLC gave you an entire structure deck with multiples, the DLC packs in Decades/Plus and Millennium only gave you 1 of each card and you had to earn the rest through victories, but the reward pool was completely random.
rikku45

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
People buy the cards IRL, this kind of dlc makes sense to me.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Konami never ceases to irritate their customers with their short-sighted greed. No one should have to put themselves into bankruptcy just to own an entire card set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1