• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
UQ Holder Manga Gets 'Important Announcement' on June 22

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Really ? I heard a lot of good things about this manga from my friends, they say the MC is lot like old school main characters like Gon and Goku, I even hear there is a trans Gender like character who treated like a character, I never read the manga so I don't know.
kamijoan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't care about UQ right now, I need that Negi vs. Rakan ova D: gimme negi epicness animated D:
j Talbain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Anime and possibly the last arc or the series?
bnio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I think it should be an ova or something because if it's an anime you wouldn't get half the story wihtout a propper negima anime, unless you have read the manga
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Really ? I heard a lot of good things about this manga from my friends, they say the MC is lot like old school main characters like Gon and Goku, I even hear there is a trans Gender like character who treated like a character, I never read the manga so I don't know.

I guess technically you could say he is transgender (the character identifies as male). It is more like spoiler[he has no gender as he is part demon (Yatagarasu) and gets to choose his gender at the age of 16] so I don't know if he would be considered really transgender, but at times he does exhibit traits that are general classified as male or female.

Having never finisheded the original series I kind of like UQ Holder even though I know I am missing a bunch of references. For the most part it has good pacing, is plenty ecchi, has some good comedic moments and or satisfying growth rate for the MC. While he does exhibit some traits of a typical harem male lead he has enough personality that he is not always lost in the personalities of the girls like many harem male leads are. It did get me to watch the anime though.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
if it's an anime,there's no reason to look forward to it,given the bad track of adaptations of Akamtasu's works (I feel bad for anyone who was introduced to Negima through that first anime,they must have thought the manga is THAT bad and boring.)
#Zero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
An anime adaption would be welcomed, and a good one this time.

Old fans too attached to the old Negima need to accept that it's over. I don't get why you are so obsessed with it. It's a UQ Holder announcement, not Negima.

It's become pathetic now.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:17 am Reply with quote
I'm curious what the announcement is. Negima was one series that got me into following anime and manga, and followed it to its end and into UQ Holder. Though I'm a fan of Ken Akamatsu, and UQ Holder just hitting the 127th Chapter, I just don't think the series would be good as an anime. Pardon the pun, but it's missing that magic.

So if it's an announcement of an Anime, I will watch it. If it's an announcement of the story is entering the final arc, I'll say Kudos.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
I'd be surprised that UQ Holder is getting anime adaption. The early story archs are done, so there is enough material. However. the later part of the manga chapters been EXTREMELY Fanservice and ecchi to the hilt.

Latest chapter suggests...he rushing the plot along. Maybe he saw this coming, it seems like manga could be running to the end quicker than expected.
Mee Deggi The Punisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
#Zero wrote:

Old fans too attached to the old Negima need to accept that it's over. I don't get why you are so obsessed with it. It's a UQ Holder announcement, not Negima.

I never thought I'd see another Slayers anime after Try or Hunter x Hunter after the 1999 version ended. If it's pathetic to be a dreamer then fine by me.
#Zero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
Mee Deggi The Punisher wrote:
#Zero wrote:

I never thought I'd see another Slayers anime after Try or Hunter x Hunter after the 1999 version ended. If it's pathetic to be a dreamer then fine by me.

You misunderstand. It's not like I would not like a Negima anime adaptation, I like the manga too. But expecting a Negima announcement when it's specified that the announcement will be about UQ Holder is being delusional.
xzy123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'd be surprised that UQ Holder is getting anime adaption. The early story archs are done, so there is enough material. However. the later part of the manga chapters been EXTREMELY Fanservice and ecchi to the hilt.

Latest chapter suggests...he rushing the plot along. Maybe he saw this coming, it seems like manga could be running to the end quicker than expected.

negima fan can be break series to no end
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:57 am Reply with quote
News: "XYZ Manga series to get BIG announcement"

Fans: "Oh it'll be an anime series!"

News: "XYZ manga series will be getting an ANIME"

Fans: "OH SEE I TOLD YOU SO #%^**$*&(^%*&%$&%$#"

Me: (-_-)

But in all seriousness I'd watch UQ Holder, I liked Negima so cheers for the sequel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animalia555

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
News: "XYZ Manga series to get BIG announcement"

Fans: "Oh it'll be an anime series!"

News: "XYZ manga series will be getting an ANIME"

Fans: "OH SEE I TOLD YOU SO #%^**$*&(^%*&%$&%$#"

Me: (-_-)

But in all seriousness I'd watch UQ Holder, I liked Negima so cheers for the sequel
Wasn't this announcement supposed be on the 22nd, not the 18th? Even allowing for the time difference this is still too soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2