• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: TV Tokyo's Most Profitable Anime: April 2015 to March 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xchampion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 pm Reply with quote
No wonder TV Tokyo and Studio Pierrot is mliking the Naruto Franchise for all its worth. I see lots of filler in the future. I mean the recently animated Itahi backstory was based off the two part light novels and they can still animate the Kaskashi, Shikamaru, Sakura, and the two part Sasuke light novels. If they want to then there are a lot of thing they can do. Lol.
Kutsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh how the mighty have fallen (Pokemon).
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
pauladls wrote:
What do you expect? The pokemon anime is awful and boring, everybody hate ash

Hardly. While the anime's total run has had its issues, the recent run has been the most exciting I've ever seen it before as a whole. More exciting animation, a direct focus on characters and plot, great music, etc.
...Though, I am watching it in Japanese. While the English dub isn't complete garbage, the cheapness of its latest localization completely legitimizes most of the complaints from English dub fans. It's a shame, considering how much I've enjoyed it lately.

And considering Pokemon is still so big, even after all the disaster predictions, I think it's hard to say it's gotten that bad.

As for Naruto, cool. I liked it, but I stopped watching all the fillers. My students have enjoyed it thus far and the products are still fun to collect, but I do have to say the manga's war arc felt way too drawn out. The ending arc was great to end on, at least.

And Youkai Watch. I'm just not getting it. I like it. I don't love it. I've played the first two games now and while the second game was better than the first game, I just couldn't get attached to any of the youkai. The anime is so filler-like, the manga is so... childish... and the games are better, but even then, they're not really as entertaining to me. Might just be personal taste.

I simply haven't been into Yu-Gi-Oh in a long time and Gintama... I read almost a dozen volumes of the manga and about 30 episodes of the anime and I couldn't find why it's so popular. Its comedy might just not be my thing. I know I've seen clips that made me laugh, so maybe it's just the beginning that's slow... hmm...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Many of the original storylines have enhanced the story by either putting Naruto on different teams or fleshing out the Shinobi world. The most recent Jiraiya what if scenario was really good for the Sasuke storyline it went with.

I've already been buying Shippuden on dvd since it started and I dont mind buying many many more discs of it.

DragonBall, Z's, fillers and Super were much better at doing this in a less tortuous and redundant way.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
massive gintama fan, love seeing it does well.

cant wait for the next series in a year or two
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Given this, it's no surprise how ridiculously stretched out the Naruto anime has become. The conventional wisdom is that anime based on concluded mangas don't need filler, and that's true, for story purposes. But when story takes a backseat to profit, you can bet they'll do everything they can to delay the finale as long as possible.

And when they finally get to the end, well...Boruto already had a movie, so a TV series isn't out of the question...
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Yes go Naruto, hopefully this means they try to continue the anime for at least another decade. Its still my top anime franchise ever.

CC2 needs to give us another Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on ps4!. Hopefully revealed this fall and release in 2017.

Yeah, I also love watching naruto and seeing that it still does this great, I'm glad that the anime won't be over anytime soon ^^

The mugen tsukuyomi filler had it's flaws but since the itachi and the kaguya arc the anime is really exciting again!
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Yes go Naruto, hopefully this means they try to continue the anime for at least another decade. Its still my top anime franchise ever.

CC2 needs to give us another Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm on ps4!. Hopefully revealed this fall and release in 2017.

Holy cow are you serious? You enjoy this pile of filler episodes with a few cannon sequences in between?

Excuse me if this comes through a little rough but I can't understand that at all.
But obviously you are not alone considering Naruto is still TV Tokyos main goat
Grest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Yeah, I also love watching naruto and seeing that it still does this great, I'm glad that the anime won't be over anytime soon ^^

The mugen tsukuyomi filler had it's flaws but since the itachi and the kaguya arc the anime is really exciting again!

same as you two. I hope they continue still for quite a while, it's always nice to see insights or side story, that rather not see it.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

I simply haven't been into Yu-Gi-Oh in a long time and Gintama... I read almost a dozen volumes of the manga and about 30 episodes of the anime and I couldn't find why it's so popular. Its comedy might just not be my thing. I know I've seen clips that made me laugh, so maybe it's just the beginning that's slow... hmm...

You need to go deeper. 30 of 300++ episodes of Gintama is not enough to make the conclusion. And Gintama is not all about comedy.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
pauladls wrote:
What do you expect? The pokemon anime is awful and boring, everybody hate ash

Hardly. While the anime's total run has had its issues, the recent run has been the most exciting I've ever seen it before as a whole. More exciting animation, a direct focus on characters and plot, great music, etc.
...Though, I am watching it in Japanese. While the English dub isn't complete garbage, the cheapness of its latest localization completely legitimizes most of the complaints from English dub fans. It's a shame, considering how much I've enjoyed it lately.

And considering Pokemon is still so big, even after all the disaster predictions, I think it's hard to say it's gotten that bad.

It's still awful, they need some new and fresh, a new main character. ash and team rocket must go now , but that will not happen
Thhyon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
So, Bleach no longer part of the TV Tokyo's Top 5 profitable anime there's a big chance will never adapt the final arc.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Thhyon wrote:
So, Bleach no longer part of the TV Tokyo's Top 5 profitable anime there's a big chance will never adapt the final arc.

Umm... How can it even be on the list after 4 years if not running?
All other Franchises have 4 years of advantage.
But yes it doesn't seem like the world will be fair to us bleach fans. This year is our biggest chance though
meeedoooz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
since Naruto is my favorite anime/manga i'm glad to see it kicking ass. i already read the manga so i know how the story is ending so i don't mind the fillers at this point as long as they don't destroy the characters.

gintama is awesome and i really hope they animate the rest of the story + the chapters they dropped during 2015.

really wish they bring back Bleach though Sad
Thhyon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
Thhyon wrote:

Umm... How can it even be on the list after 4 years if not running?
All other Franchises have 4 years of advantage.
But yes it doesn't seem like the world will be fair to us bleach fans. This year is our biggest chance though

Last year
Top Five in Sales
1. Naruto
2. Yu-Gi-Oh!
3. Pokemon
4. Yo-kai Watch
5. Bleach

Top Five in Gross Profits
1. Naruto
2. Pokemon
3. Yu-Gi-Oh!
4. Yo-kai Watch
5. Aikatsu!
Source: http://www.animeanime.biz/archives/21100
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3