• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Anime Premieres Tonight on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
For Kudelia, we know that, at an unknown time prior to the series starting (but presumably fairly close), she made a speech as representative of Chryse College. Traditionally, this would make her at least 17-18 when this occurred, though we don't know if the "College" just refers to an academic facility, not necessarily post-secondary education, or if she was a student. Still, it seems more likely that she has finished any and all compulsory education, which, given that this is a Japanese series, means that she's at least around age 16, most likely a bit older.

Sir Coral had a profile of Kudelia and it says she's 15-16. It's kinda hard to read 'cause it's upside down and a bit blurry.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Dub wasn't too bad, for the most part. Unfortunately, the parts that didn't work were the two leads, Orga and Mikazuki. Both characters are hardened and older mentally than their actual ages. Both characters' voices sound like your basic young shounen protagonist, which just flat-out doesn't fit.

Orga's Dub performance sounded pretty close in mannerism in comparison to the original seiyuu casting for material presented so far, the only noticeable difference is that Orga's original seiyuu sounded a little more gruffer but that seemed more like how the seiyuu would normally sound like as opposed to a characterization method.

I already noted before that Mikazuki's dub vs sub has so far a difference in "perspective" where Mika with the original seiyuu sounded more "that is just a matter of fact" where based on the first ep dub Miko sounds slightly passive aggressive, spoiler[the difference in the long run means a lot as the Seiyuu performance ends up making Mikazuki seem like an unmistakable psychopath who can just as easily kill a person as he would go out and buy something from a local market, if the dub continues the trend we could gain a slightly different interpretation of the same character simply based on different performances.]
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could be excited. Recent events put a damper on everything.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
If Your talking about people don't let it bother you, they just don't like the fact IBO has a season 2 coming if you want to enjoy it then do so Wink that what I do and I been having a blast , but if you mean something unrelated to the anime then I'm sorry. Sad
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:

It was mentioned on the Toonami Pre-flight of the week before and during the Samurai Champloo marathon. But Hunter x Hunter took a break last week for that marathon. So there was about 8 days of notice which is much better than Love Live! being announced that it was going to air on MNet America on the day of its 1st showing.

Though I did wonder that whole time what they were going to do with DBZ Kai during that week of not knowing about the new schedule until the latest Pre-flight episode.

If that's so I would've apreciated a heads up from ANN earlier than this
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
There was an early warning this would be airing mere weeks ago:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-12/adult-swim-to-air-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-anime/.102043

Wyvern wrote:
He appears emotionless and cold (but not in a heartless way, like Heero)

Heero eventually learned humanity by the end (granted not that much, but he was less kill-happy), but Mika on the other hand was perfectly okay with murdering people that were tied up, drugged, and could not fight back and back in ep 4 spoiler[was willing to strangle someone over an accident.] By the end of the series spoiler[he never changed, he was still the cold beast he started as.]

On a related note I don't suppose anyone caught the Toonami livestream by any chance? What did the regular audience think?

Added spoiler tags. --willag
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Topgunguy wrote:
If Your talking about people don't let it bother you, they just don't like the fact IBO has a season 2 coming if you want to enjoy it then do so Wink that what I do and I been having a blast , but if you mean something unrelated to the anime then I'm sorry. Sad

Those annoying IBO whiners certainly don't help but it's mainly unrelated to anime.

Last edited by Topgunguy on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Heero eventually learned humanity by the end (granted not that much, but he was less kill-happy), but Mika on the other hand was perfectly okay with murdering people that were tied up, drugged, and could not fight back and back in ep 4 was willing to strangle someone over an accident. By the end of the series he never changed, he was still the cold beast he started as.

Mika does have loyalty to whom he considers his "true comrades", and if you are not on his short list he could care less if you live or die (this allows him to murder anyone else without a second thought), after the duration of the first season Kudelia is effectively added to that short list.

Mika by nature does not think about the "world at large", for better or worst he lives for Orga's next command, in that manner Mika is the "ideal soldier" but as a person Mika is effectively a monster.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
There was an early warning this would be airing mere weeks ago:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-12/adult-swim-to-air-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-anime/.102043

But without a date
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:45 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:

Heero eventually learned humanity by the end (granted not that much, but he was less kill-happy), but Mika on the other hand was perfectly okay with murdering people that were tied up, drugged, and could not fight back and back in ep 4 was willing to strangle someone over an accident. By the end of the series he never changed, he was still the cold beast he started as.
For a guy who says he has a strong hate for IBO you sure do love to come to these IBO threads just to rant, its as if you have some sorta agenda your trying to accomplish. ( I wonder if anyone else has notice this.) Also spoiler[ nice job not adding spoiler tags buddy] regular views are watching this news section you know.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:

( I wonder if anyone else has notice this.)

There are a few posters that seemed to enjoy going on ad nauseum about things that they descriptively point out that they don't like, and for whatever personal reason, they continue to spread their personal distaste well after it has been made clear on how they stand on a series that they have already pointed out they hate MANY times over.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
dark13 wrote:

( I wonder if anyone else has notice this.)

There are a few posters that seemed to enjoy going on ad nauseum about things that they descriptively point out that they don't like, and for whatever personal reason, they continue to spread their personal distaste well after it has been made clear on how they stand on a series that they have already pointed out they hate MANY times over.
I Know right ? "its like fine, you hate the show but this is the news section, what dose coming here going to do for you ? your just wasting your time and the time of people who actually enjoy this anime "
I hate love live but I'm not going to go to every love live thread just to rant on how I think the show sucks, I would just be wasting my time and the people who do enjoy that anime.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
its as if you have some sorta agenda your trying to accomplish

There is no agenda whatsoever, all I did was respond to a statement that looked incorrect and I corrected it.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:24 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
dark13 wrote:
its as if you have some sorta agenda your trying to accomplish

There is no agenda whatsoever, all I did was respond to a statement that looked incorrect and I corrected it.
correct what ? the show isn't even done yet and you already have no plans on watching the second season, so what your saying makes no sense.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
you already have no plans on watching the second season, so what your saying makes no sense.

First, I never said anything of the sort, I did say I wouldn't be giving the current season a score until after I watched the other half. So yes I am going to be watching regardless on whether or not my view sways. Second, I was correcting the notion that Heero was less humane than Mika and he really isn't (like at all). It looked like false information and I pointed out how it wasn't, mainly by pointing out things that most people would consider extremely inhumane.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4