• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Teases 'Future Trunks Arc' With Story Intro, New Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makimeki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
hey guys what if goku black was fused with [/spoiler turles from tree of might ]? it wouldn't be the first time they brought back a movie villain. remember garlic junior? I know it's filler. but what do you guys think?
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
makimeki wrote:
hey guys what if goku black was fused with spoiler[ turles from tree of might]? it wouldn't be the first time they brought back a movie villain. remember garlic junior? I know it's filler. but what do you guys think?

that's a neat idea although i don't think that Turles can fit into the canon plus Potara Fusion earrings are yellow not green

i think the earrings are some kind of control device myself and they look like the ones Demigra wore in DBXV

maybe they will add Demigra, after all he may be a character from XenoVerse but he WAS meant to be in DBOnline and Toriyama did the character designs and story for DBOnline even Towa, Mira and Time Patrol Trunks too
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
bnio wrote:
does a shotgun actually intimidate someone in the dragon ball universe? not even yamcha would take damage from that... probably...

I'm pretty sure when Raditz caught bullets with his hands, it meant guns were irrelevant.
makimeki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
[quote]maybe they will add Demigra, after all he may be a character from XenoVerse but he WAS meant to be in DBOnline and Toriyama did the character designs and story for DBOnline even Towa, Mira and Time Patrol Trunks too.

now that you mention it. yeah maybe they will. thanks for the comparison pic.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
I don't like the design of trunks. His hair wasn't blue in dbz and I don't see why he would dye it in a future where obviously nobody sis competent enough to defeat evil without traveling back in time
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so many theories about Black.

I think one of the most pop is that this a Trunks of an Alternate Future, and that's why the blue hair... maybe...?
Namu12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Why it have to be Mai ;p, they should choose some prettier girl.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
and as for fusing with a dead character Goku did that with Vegeta in the Buu saga so yes it's possible

But that was with a spirit of a someone who died, not the dead body itself.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
SageModeKakarot wrote:
and as for fusing with a dead character Goku did that with Vegeta in the Buu saga so yes it's possible

But that was with a spirit of a someone who died, not the dead body itself.

his original body was destroyed but he was given a new one by Yemma, he had a body but was still dead
nescover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Black to the Future
Patches

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
Given the color-based name, could this be yet another return of the Red Ribbon Army? Although the RRA already had someone named "Black".

At least he's not purple. Every antagonist in DBS so far has had purple skin: Beerus, Golden Freeza, Champa, Hit, and now Copy Vegeta.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
Patches wrote:
Given the color-based name, could this be yet another return of the Red Ribbon Army? Although the RRA already had someone named "Black".

At least he's not purple. Every antagonist in DBS so far has had purple skin: Beerus, Golden Freeza, Champa, Hit, and now Copy Vegeta.

could be a RRA name and would fit with the whole future trunks world

also i had an idea (and it's probably completely wrong), what if this Goku is a Cyborg/Android created by Doctor Gero, what if he found Goku's body after he died in Future Trunk's timeline (morbid i know) and revived him and modified him the same way he did with lapis and lazuli (17 and 18) but for some reason was never activated until now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2