• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ERASED TV Anime to Get English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Really glad to see Erased get a dub confirmation! Heard lots of great things about the series! Like any anime I don't watch it until its released on home video in NA so now I'm super excited that Erased is confirmed as it'll make those AoA bluray prices even more tolerable. Hopefully theres a character in Erased that Christine Cabanos would suit as she's by far my favorite VA and I'll never stop shamelessly talking about her/wishing she was in everything! Haha

I just hope that AoA might give it a semi fancy LE and not those awful singles they love pumping out so much Anime hyper I'm praying for a chipboard LE as with its popularity maybe there's a chance but hopefully it at least gets the treatment YLiA did as even that's better then flimsy singles.

Great news on the Madoka rerelease but since I have all 3 LE's I'm not interested.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
Not much to add about ERASED getting an English dub. It was a forgone conclusion as it become popular. I plan to buy a disc version down the road. And I see that even after 5 years some people are still complaining about Aniplex USA pricing. At this point they are just banging their heads against a wall.

Zoneflare wrote:
Hopefully we can see a listing for Erased in the US this year considering its getting released in Japan in two half boxsets, the final set being released this month if im not mistaken.

December of this year seems like a real possibility.

Levonr wrote:
I'm hoping ERASED dub will be released on Netflix.

For sure. If I am not mistaken all AoA shows with an English dub are on Netflix.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Oh right, the main topic was Erased getting dubbed., I forgot that. I also forgot to finish the show. But I blame the show because the show's creators forgot they started with a mystery. When that didn't pan out, they turned it into a thriller but forgot to add thrills. They also forgot the "time travel" ability as the show's opening hook.

Best show of some previous season? I forgot that one too. There must be a reason for all this; It can't be because the show was forgettable, right?
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Aniplex is going to be the sole reason I get a region-free player and start importing titles from countries where their insane pricing schemes haven't made any inroads.

Keep in mind that for Durarara X2, the OVAs are Aniplex USA exclusive as far as the English-speaking world.

I've also heard not-great things about Hanabee's/MVM's version of Fate/Zero as compared with Aniplex.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
And I see that even after 5 years some people are still complaining about Aniplex USA pricing. At this point they are just banging their heads against a wall.

While I completely understand the gripe about the absurd prices and how it's not how the "NA" market does things I still cant help but laugh when I see people say "Don't buy them and they'll stop charging those prices" or even worse attack others for buying them. Do you people not realize that AoA is just a subsidiary of the Japan branch? AoA is NEVER going to lower their prices. If no one buys their sets ALL that's going to happen is there will be LESS dubs for future titles (Something that I'll be royally pissed at) and if no one buys it at all then AoJ will just consider AoA unprofitable and shut it down. AoJ licenses aren't going to magically go to Funi, Sentai etc... if AoA shuts down it'll just mean that LESS anime is officially licensed in NA and that's good for NO one. If you want change go complain to AoJ who IS the one in charge of the prices AoA is required to charge, as for as long as AoJ wants high prices AoA is forced to comply. So again all those complaining about high costs and AoA being "greedy" fine fine but I don't think any of you realize that what your asking for is NOT going to happen.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Well its good that Erased is getting dubbed but there price are just so high I dont make working girl money to get there products
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
I just hope that AoA might give it a semi fancy LE and not those awful singles they love pumping out so much Anime hyper I'm praying for a chipboard LE as with its popularity maybe there's a chance but hopefully it at least gets the treatment YLiA did as even that's better then flimsy singles.

I am also thinking that AoA is releasing a BD set for ERASED similar to the ones for Your Lie in April. I would have few issues paying $130 for it, but because I did not like ERASED that much, I would rather buy a $70-80 DVD set.
Felis

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Aniplex is charging $60 for a 60 minute movie...LOL! Thanks for the laugh Aniplex. I wonder how many fans are willing to essentially pay $1 a minute for a movie. Is this a popular movie or something because I've never heard of it. Aniplex must think that everything they touch turns to gold or something. Well, in any case at least Madoka isn't going out of print.
GoldNautilus

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Felis wrote:
Aniplex is charging $60 for a 60 minute movie...LOL! Thanks for the laugh Aniplex. I wonder how many fans are willing to essentially pay $1 a minute for a movie. Is this a popular movie or something because I've never heard of it.

I was just gonna mention the dollar per minute thing, that's kind of insane even for AOA. The even crazier thing is that it ISN'T popular, I think you are the first person to mention it in this thread, it isn't even that popular in Japan. I'm really excited to see it but now I hope I don't love it because then I'll have to buy it.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
ERASED was such a good show, but fell flat on its face with the ending. Very un-original and boring and predictable and eww. Not even sure if the dub will warrant a purchase from me :/
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
And I see that even after 5 years some people are still complaining about Aniplex USA pricing. At this point they are just banging their heads against a wall.

Well, they keep doing it with new shows every year, and other companies are starting to follow their lead. I think it's pretty obvious why people are annoyed. It's an ongoing and escalating problem.

Ironically, the real problem is that they're not being greedy. They could make more money if they lowered their prices, but they're afraid of reverse-importing and don't want to bother selling a larger number of units. So they sell at inflated prices to make a little extra money off the super-fans, and couldn't care less about the irritation of everyone who isn't rich, or the long-term consequences of making it very unlikely anyone will discover any of their shows through blind-buys or a friend's copy (you'd have to be pretty brave to let a friend borrow your $300 out-of-print discs, and they couldn't buy it themselves even if they wanted to).

Maybe none of that matters, because streaming is the future. But if that's the case, why are so many people still complaining about Aniplex prices?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
You know what Aniplex shows deserve a dub as much as this one? CHARLOTTE AND SAMURAI FLAMENCO. Where's the announcement on those guys? Jeez!
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
You know what Aniplex shows deserve a dub as much as this one? CHARLOTTE AND SAMURAI FLAMENCO. Where's the announcement on those guys? Jeez!

I'm pretty sure they already said that Charlotte is going to be a sub-only release.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Oh right, the main topic was Erased getting dubbed., I forgot that. I also forgot to finish the show...Best show of some previous season? I forgot that one too. There must be a reason for all this; It can't be because the show was forgettable, right?
People say anime fans are the most fickle and short on memory but that's a bit much, the "previous season" being just last January! I think it was the best, but others I'm sure you 'd remember as unexpectedly good were Luck and Logic and Pandora etc, the former getting a second season Razz Razz @Gemnist sorry but the sad fact behind your lament is that Charlotte was a dud if not outright flop. I had high hopes and there was a lot of hype but sadly I think Maeda-san may want to forget that one. Don't know Samurai Flamenco but I imagine an ancient Japanese warrior in a sexy red and pink ball gown with castanets instead of shuriken, so I can guess why it hasn't had a dub announced... Wink
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Super excited to watch this TRASH in english.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5