• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Apr 29-May 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
For DRRR, Jacob usually did write-ups every two episodes instead of every episode, and maybe he's going for the same angle with these two. Or just more busy because he's writing the weekly lists these weeks since the usual writer is on vacation/travelling, I believe.

Honestly what's with this whole Jacob thing. I know Hope Chapman is like....yeah quite the internet personality to put it nicely, but what are we doing here people? Anyway there continually appears to be virtually no correlation between the ups and downs of the weekly rankings and the cumulative one so god help me if I can grasp any of this or if it even manages to serve it's limited purpose as a click bait discussion piece. If it just doesn't make any sense unless you just look at the weekly chart what's the point really?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Honestly what's with this whole Jacob thing. I know Hope Chapman is like....yeah quite the internet personality to put it nicely, but what are we doing here people?

Well, it's his name. Or at the very least has been for what, half a year? (I am very bad with time) I still default to calling him Hope because I'm also bad with names but noticed it when making that post because it's right there on the post I quoted so I changed it before posting.
Shaterri

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Honestly what's with this whole Jacob thing. I know Hope Chapman is like....yeah quite the internet personality to put it nicely, but what are we doing here people?

Being halfway-decent people and using the names that people identify with and want us to use for them?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Shaterri wrote:

Being halfway-decent people and using the names that people identify with and want us to use for them?

Yeah. Don't know what part of a name change you don't understand. Hope was never actually my first name anyway. It remains my middle name as it always was, but now I'm going by my changed first name instead of my middle name, which was and still is Hope. Pretty simple.

Review of eps. 5-6 of Joker Game goes up at 7 AM PST tomorrow btw. Sorry about the week off.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Will the results be updated with Jacob's reviews, or will they be added in for next week's results?
shizukanashinah

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Review of eps. 5-6 of Joker Game goes up at 7 AM PST tomorrow btw. Sorry about the week off.

All good, Jacob. Thanks for the hard work. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2