• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Justin Bieber Shares His Anime Pin-Up Girl Coloring Page

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Justin Bieber wrote:
I colored this its dope because I actually sat down for 30 min and finished I never can sit still for that long so it's an accomplishment, yes this took me 30 minutes haha I know I suck Don't judge me

Worry not, Mister Bieber. We shall not judge you, much as a sportsman would never take aim at a barrel of fish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
lol good for him!! Coloring and drawing is fun!
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Haha. Good grief that line art is awful though... is it like one of those American style how to draw manga books? I always hated the art style in those. Looked nothing like real manga artwork.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Haha, Justin Bieber is so great. When the Hollywood movie adaption of Naruto / Bleach comes out they should cast him in the main role. He already has experience with CSI and Zoolander 2 and half the anime fanbase like him too, it's a win / win situation. Who else is still bummed he isn't Light Yagami in the upcoming Death Note movie guys.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote
This is particularly funny because from what I've heard...its from a how to draw anime book, not even a coloring book!
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Bieber say he hated anime?

Ah whatever. I hear he's getting better, but he's never been my style so I don't care. I doubt I'll be listening to him unless he does a full genre swap to jazz or something.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Haha. Good grief that line art is awful though... is it like one of those American style how to draw manga books? I always hated the art style in those. Looked nothing like real manga artwork.

The lineart isn't terrible at all. It actually looks like a 90's art style, and the proportions/anatomy are as crisp and accurate as what I'd expect from anime art back then. It's either character art based on/from an actual series, or an artist that's fairly good at capturing the older styles.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Anime is unique in that it can be considered mainstream while also shadowed by obscurity. The saga continues.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:

No, this is a hundred times better than any of Christopher Hart's "How to Draw Anime/Manga" books. (By this, I mean the early ones that are actually done by him, not the later ones where someone else draws them under his name.) This at least looks like the illustrator cared.

Lostlorn Forest wrote:
Anime is unique in that it can be considered mainstream while also shadowed by obscurity. The saga continues.

There are a lot of things that have mainstream awareness but is obscure beyond simple awareness. I'd say most hobbies are like that (and most hobbies, in turn, have berserk buttons regarding popular misconceptions like competitive yo-yoing being all Walk the Dog and Around the World or amateur astronomy being just looking through a telescope all night).
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I can't see how this should be big news.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
I can't see how this should be big news.
It's not big news. That is why it is in the 'interest' section.

Unfortunately, this is now the only image millions of people will think about when Japan is mentioned. The dangerous double-edged sword of anime.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
There are a lot of things that have mainstream awareness but is obscure beyond simple awareness. I'd say most hobbies are like that (and most hobbies, in turn, have berserk buttons regarding popular misconceptions like competitive yo-yoing being all Walk the Dog and Around the World or amateur astronomy being just looking through a telescope all night).

Hmm... Perceptive! In hindsight my comment was only light buffoonery but looks like I leave here learning something. Wink
GEO9875

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:17 pm Reply with quote
i need the name of that coloring book for research purposes.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
Didn't Bieber say he hated anime?

That was a shopped tweet. To my knowledge Justin Bieber has never mentioned anything about hating or liking Anime.

I don't like Bieber either, but you guys don't have to be rude about it. He did really well and I hope keeps coloring. Chase your dreams, biebs.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
The title of that EW article makes me want to laugh and cringe at the same time.

"Justin Bieber is into hentai coloring books"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4