• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dagashi Kashi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
CheezcakeMe wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:

Without getting into more boring details I got into that condition by eating the way Hotaru does and I got out of it by understanding what is so wrong with what she is doing. So the funny in this skit is much diminished for me.

Maybe they should do a 10 years later sequel series. It opens in the hospital where Hotaru, now 100 lbs overweight, listens as the doctor sadly tells her she's contracted type two diabetes and she'll have to give up the sweets if she wants to live long enough to watch her children graduate high school. It'd be hiiiilllaaarrriiooouusss!

I hate to burst your bubble, but different people and different groups have different genetic makeups that cause their bodies to act in different ways. I know plenty of people that eat junk and stay thin, and just as many that eat barely anything and always gain wait. Her depiction to me is not particularly unrealistic, especially considering she is around 16-18 when her body functions are at their peak.

Also you fail to realize a. these little candies and treats while potentially being damaging to teeth if you don't proper care of them, they don't all that much in terms of calories in them. Its highlighted by that point of the one episode where the caramel has exactly enough calories to let you run so many meters. You make it eat like she is eating full fudge filled cakes every day while lying around on her backside.

Lastly, its not just her, even Yo, Coconuts dad is seen being an addict to ramune candies and goes through a whole box with no consequences to his weight, but played for laughs as a drug addiction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6