• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KonoSuba Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
Any bets on whether DEEN will actually care enough to invest more than the bare minimum into production and artistic quality for the show?

I doubt it - they could make bank with this much, why would they invest more in a sequel, which is more likely to sell less?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

It was announced to be 11 episodes..and that the ova would be an unaired episode...i guess it was meant to be 11 episodes but they cut one episode out to be included as an ova...which means it was not really an ova to begin with..just an unaired episode.

There wasn't any episodes cut out. The series was initially solicited on home video for 10 episodes (weeks before that news article), so the "11" count was always meant to include the unaired OVA (like many Kadokawa bonus episodes that are bundled with manga or novels, it should be considered part of the same production as the TV series, likely with the same staff and OP/ED)
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes cant wait for more wackiness and explosions
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
Had a feeling this would happen. I'm glad though, this is a very clever little show and it always keeps me entertained. Finishing it up tonight!

meiam wrote:
Aw yeah! I guess its pretty successful then. Now do grimgar next!

Yes please!
crx07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

After watching this video, I remembered Kazuma's reaction on episode 4 after spoiler[stealing Chris' underwear.]

Studio DEEN, the god of budget utilization. Cheap animation and cheap casting. That's your business. I really feel bad for the original author because his work is animated by a crappy production studio. But to be fair, I would say that the execution of the story in anime is so amazing.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:
Any bets on whether DEEN will actually care enough to invest more than the bare minimum into production and artistic quality for the show?

I doubt it - they could make bank with this much, why would they invest more in a sequel, which is more likely to sell less?

I don't think Deen has invested anything into it.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
I dont get why people complaining with KonoSuba's animation quality.
It doesnt need high budget anime production just for casual comedy genre, also badly drawn characters doesnt mean it is bad, got many anime out there that have their own unique art style and become one of best anime such as Gurren Lagann.

Even it really does got QUALITY issue, just treat it purposely made to make people laugh or something like that. It is a comedy anime for god sake.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why they made the 1st season only 10 TV episodes. They could have made it 12 and added some filler. With it getting a 2nd season, I think they should go for the full 12 TV episodes so they at least have more stuff to cover.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed the first season so far, have yet to see the final few episodes. Has some good comedy, tends to get a laugh out of me almost every episodes, so I look forward to more.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I don't know why they made the 1st season only 10 TV episodes. They could have made it 12 and added some filler. With it getting a 2nd season, I think they should go for the full 12 TV episodes so they at least have more stuff to cover.

Probably intended to only be an advertisement for the LN at first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3