• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Most Dangerous Military Organizations in Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
There's a typo in the article. "conclusion course" should read "collision course."
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
BTW, Zeon's colony drop didn't destroy ALL of Australia, especially since the well-regarded Dreamcast game "Rise from the Ashes" is set on the continent. It DID turn Sydney into a gigantic lake, however.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
...The Holy Britannian Empire (Code Geass), ... don't make it, but these Eureka 7 guys do!?

Britannia was #3 on the list.

Btw, while we're all nitpicking the typos today, it's "scub coral" not "scrub." Smile

I haven't actually watched it, but from what I gather, there are some pretty dangerous military groups in Swarzesmarken. Also the Naraku in Gintama are pretty ruthlessly dangerous.
zellkaiser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Military? HCLI (H&C Logistic Incorporated) from Jormungand is realistically the most dangerous paramilitary organization in the world, they (while not shown) could disrupt the whole air traffic and take down all the airplanes in the world that rely on modern avionics, and to a certain degree they could theoretically even halt international trade, crack important military resources and gain access to nuclear warheads, they can control and manipulate governments, perform airstrike on a foreign soil, have access to military base and equipment, heavy artillery, naval and ground rockets, satellites, vast firearm arsenals and basically they have an edge in the whole industry.

All of this is like having the power of the Skynet except that it's controlled by a yours truly, Koko Hekmatyar lol.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
As for Iscariot, they may hate Protestants but they still respect them as fellow Christians that needs their help hence spoiler[when Maxwell goes power mad and orders his Crusader Army to kill all English civilians, both Catholic and Protestant, Father Anderson gets pissed since the Crusaders were supposed to help and protect the civilians from the Nazi Vampires and not kill them.]
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Nothing from Akame ga Kill? Odd list.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Nothing from Akame ga Kill? Odd list.

Odd in what sense? All of those organizations encompassed operations around their world (or universe). The military in Akame ga Kill focused on a country and neighbors, a small one compared to the others.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
What about NERV?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
The Titans were way worse than Zeon, Zanscare Empire was worse than the Titans and Gjallarhorn are almost on par with the Zanscare Empire. Then you have Blue Cosmos who are almost in the middle.
jppcouto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
nice top.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The Titans were way worse than Zeon, Zanscare Empire was worse than the Titans and Gjallarhorn are almost on par with the Zanscare Empire. Then you have Blue Cosmos who are almost in the middle.

Well if we go by body count then Zeon is worse since in addition to the colony drop they deliberately destroyed sides 1, 2, and 4 (if you count the stuff from the Entertainment Bibles).

I don't remember much about the Zanscare Empire, but if they are worse than the Titans then I don't see how Gjallahorn is almost as bad as the Zanscare Empire. Gjallahorn may be corrupt, and what they did to the colony workers on Dort was horrible, but at least they didn't gas entire colonies like the Titians. Gjallahorn also doesn't come off nearly as dickish compared to the Titans.

Blue Cosmos may not have as much blood on their hands (not for lack of trying), but morally speaking I'd say they are one of the worst, if not the worst, organizations in the Gundam franchise. Zeon, Titans, and Gjallahorn may want to rule with an iron fist, but at least their end goal isn't complete extermination.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Of course, the military from FMA would be tops!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
The JSDF from GATE is full of nice people as we all know but they look pretty damn dangerous to me.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
What about NERV?

They're under the control of the UN. I don't think they could be seen as an actual military organization. Maybe a military division I suppose but even that is a stretch to me. More like a private group contracted by the military in essence. Just my take anyways.

The same goes for Hotel Moscow as for one they are made up of ex-military members, but that point non-withstanding they are not actually a military group. They're a mercenary group.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
CG and FMA. You done good. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3