• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria' Spinoff Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Aww yeah, the adventures of Ice and Lesbian Bell headed to the screen!

But seriously, this is great. Aizu really gets to cut loose, and her conflicts are fascinating. Plus, we get to see more of the machinations of the gods and the dungeon, which is always great.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
.... so it this to Danmachi like Railgun is to Index? If so, I'm down, but would like to see another season of DanMachi.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I find Oratoria to be a complete juxtaposition of Index. With Railgun a lot of people prefer it over to Index because it focus on Misaka and her antics, but I actually here Oratoria is not liked as much as Danmachi proper , even though its basically the same premise as Railgun, focus on the main heroine and her antics.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
So, just to recap. There was a story about a poor boy who had no skills except for a mysterious one that wasn't really tsngible but was incredibly powerful all the same, and it helped him win many battles with the assistance of his short, bratty, magically powerful, jealous, female roommate.

The new side story is about one of the (many) girls the boy encountered in his battles, who is probably the most powerful human girl in the whole city, and since her introduction to the main story was halfway through her own story, the side story will start quite a while before the main story did so we can see more of her beginnings.

"Where have I encountered this before," he wondered.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
dlm wrote:
So, just to recap. There was a story about a poor boy who had no skills except for a mysterious one that wasn't really tsngible but was incredibly powerful all the same, and it helped him win many battles with the assistance of his short, bratty, magically powerful, jealous, female roommate.

The new side story is about one of the (many) girls the boy encountered in his battles, who is probably the most powerful human girl in the whole city, and since her introduction to the main story was halfway through her own story, the side story will start quite a while before the main story did so we can see more of her beginnings.

"Where have I encountered this before," he wondered.

*glances at profile pic* Subtle.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
Feels to me like a delaying action to keep interest in the franchise up until there's enough content for a second season. Still, I'll welcome it, especially if it deals with Aiz's background and/or the seedier side of Orario (the latter of which is shown a bit more in the source novels than in the anime). I've always thought that there had to be more of a story to Aiz than what we get to see from Hestia and Bell's viewpoint, so this should be interesting.

And who that's watched the series doesn't want to know more about what goes on in the deeper recesses of the Dungeon?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Is there a second season coming?
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And who that's watched the series doesn't want to know more about what goes on in the deeper recesses of the Dungeon?

Well, me...if it's not centered around Bell and Hestia.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Feels to me like a delaying action to keep interest in the franchise up until there's enough content for a second season. Still, I'll welcome it, especially if it deals with Aiz's background and/or the seedier side of Orario (the latter of which is shown a bit more in the source novels than in the anime). I've always thought that there had to be more of a story to Aiz than what we get to see from Hestia and Bell's viewpoint, so this should be interesting.

Well said. I'm more interested in a S2, but more content in the same world isn't a bad thing.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Sad it's trapped behind amazon prime, then a must purchase anime strike to get to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2