• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Detective Pikachu' Game to Debut With Male Talking Pikachu Voice on February 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
This makes me think of Pokémon by way of Professor Layton. The premise just looks so insane, I have to play it, now that I've grown bored of [i]Pokémon Picross[i] and its microtransaction nature. (I hope this won't also be a microtransactions game.)

Lord Dcast wrote:
Still not doing the main series though. Too much repetition and the online scene is too competitive.

You can do what I do and put together teams that competitive players will laugh at but can squash them. I've been doing it since Generation IV, and I recently assembled an all-Rock team that's so far undefeated online, granted I've only played 3 Free Battles and 2 Ranked Battles with it (those fools bring their Talonflames into battle anyway).

There's just something cathartic about using unlikely Pokémon and outplaying them by knowing exactly what they're going to do or because they won't take you seriously.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
Karasu-Lacryma wrote:
If Pikachu is voiced by Cripsin Freeman in the English release, then this game will be the most irresistible Nintendo game of all time.

Nah, man. To stay consistent with the Japanese, it needs to be Travis Willingham.

And he needs to say the phrase "TINY MINISKIRTS!" at least once.

Darn it, you beat me to it! You can even see that shot of Pikachu looking up some lady's skirt!

Come to think of it, there haven't been many Pokémon games with a lot of voice acting, has there?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Is the background in this shot a stock photo taken in Montreal? I can't quite place it, but the architectural style reminds me a lot of some of the row houses turned into classy boutiques along Sherbrooke St.

It could be London, some of the other live-action shots look like they were taken in London, but this shot looks more like northeast North America than it does Britain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BakaRocka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I just keep thinking that this game could be solved so easily with a Natu/Zatu since they can see into the past AND the present at the same time. There was even an episode about it! Pokemon city tax dollars at work lmao.
jrockfreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
for some reason i cant wait to play this
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
OOOOOkay. A Pikachu in a deer stalker cap solving mysteries. That sounds to me like a mixture of "Pokemon,""Sherlock Holmes," and "Scooby-Doo." But,instead of a cowardly talking dog,we have a brave talking pikachu. The whole thing sounds a little odd to me,but I'll wait until it comes here.
tsundereikemen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
I say Danny DeVito should voice Detective Pikachu. It ultimately fits, it's funny and sounds like the perfect old detective guy to me lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2